• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

84 242 Fog Lights

rporzio

Has anyone put fog lamps like these in their air dam of a 240 series car? Got any pics or tips? thinking about adding some but I want them mounted in the air dam not above or below it. Thanks, Ralph

Attachments

• 51uGM-3QZRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51uGM-3QZRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
fag lamps

Yeah, they are pretty gay. :lol:

DSCF5113.JPG

Richard I like how yours are mounted they seem flush to the air dam, can you get me any details on manufacturer? Were they custom fit? Any close up pics? I do NOT want to mount them like the pics posted above, DO NOT LIKE...!

Richard I like how yours are mounted they seem flush to the air dam, can you get me any details on manufacturer? Were they custom fit? Any close up pics? I do NOT want to mount them like the pics posted above, DO NOT LIKE...!

they're not in the airdam exactly, but they're as close as i could get them. the car had a 740 air dam on it, and the lights didn't fit in the openings, or else i would have put them there. i got rid of the car 4 years ago, but here are some pictures that i have saved that are different angles..

245pt2002.jpg

245day2004.jpg

i made brackets that bolted between the airdam and the car and they seemed to hold fine.. if i still had it, they would be in the foglight holes in the valence

edit: i think the tranny cooler was behind one of the fog light holes, so i didn't have room to mount the lights

Thanks Ken, you wouldn't happen to have any examples of that would you? Probably going to add this mod to the Phase 3 list...! wonder if white lens with a yellow reflector will blend in more...

Thanks Ken, you wouldn't happen to have any examples of that would you? Probably going to add this mod to the Phase 3 list...! wonder if white lens with a yellow reflector will blend in more...

No but I cut and bent some stainless to make mounts so I didn't have to hack the 1800 ES' bumpers.

Yeah the beauty of where Ken and I mounted our fogs on the 240's is that the hole was already there for the airdam...just needed to bore it out a bit.

I prefer the OEM Volvo/Bosch clear fogs on OEM brackets just in front of air dam.

And I absolutely LOVE the Hella 500FF Driving Lights. (range of 1800 ft forward, and can see 25+ ft past the ditch on each side)

With the headlights on hi beam, Hella Driving Lights on, plus the OEM Volvo/Bosch Fog Lights on, I can see where the hell I and the DEER are going. The Hellas saved my front end from 2 deer,10 minutes after I installed them. Best 60 bux I ever spent IMO.

100_2632.jpg

Last edited:
Just got mine on as well. I have two though now, one of the ones I got from the junk yard was broken so I had to order a new one.
DSC00922.jpg

These are oem bosch

Stephen, no matter how hard I try, I can't imagine you driving a 2.

And kyle-where'd you get those lights from? A Volvo or another car?

Stephen, no matter how hard I try, I can't imagine you driving a 2.

And kyle-where'd you get those lights from? A Volvo or another car?

82 jetta diesel. Exact same lights used on the volvos. There was a BMW at the yard that had them too but both were broken.

Back