• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Representing Volvo at a non-Volvo car show

taleof2bricks

The hot rod upholstery shop that handled our 244 interior invited us to participate in the Cruise for a Cause Charity Ride & Show today. When we first arrived, we felt a bit out of our leage among some serious hot rods, customs & muscle cars.

Once the 8 mile cruise to various stops began though, we got back into our groove, enjoying the 244 like we would on any other Sunday cruise. At the show, we set up a display board with the original window sticker & pre delivery checklist, a list of mods & service providers & products.

We got a lot of attention, visitors, questions and compliments. Many walked by some nice rods across the way and spent time checking out the 244 instead.

One nice Sunday, for sure!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26914482@N03/sets/72157626782538946/show/

If I had made different choices with my 244, it would have looked just like yours. Great color!

Thanks - the color works for us as well. Some times it looks more red than brown, and other times, the opposite.

Regarding the upholstery - we chose this shop because they are well known for turning out some sweet hot rods and have been around for over 50 years locally. Had I known how nice it would come out, we would've done the upholstery a long time ago.

Is that all original or cleaned up or what?

The paint is original, and we only reupholstered the seats & replaced the carpet. The car was bought in 2008 with only 65k (now it has 79k) from an old man that had it in his garage. It was truly a grocery getter, as he worked from home & drove it sparingly.

Original engine & tranny, also, but we "cleaned it up", replaced all engine seals, dropped & cleaned up the tranny & tackled the RMS at the same time & did a bunch of other "stuff" to bring it back into daily driver mode.

Man that interior is fantastic. Well, and everything else about the car, too.

Unrelated, but the bay window bus in the last pic is dope.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Regarding the VW, yeah, I have a special liking for all things vintage VW. I may get into one eventually but would be very much out of my league with that air cooled performance thing, another monster of its own.

There were a few very nice vintage VWs, a ground up 70's Datsun 240Z that was the shtz, and a '69 ground up Porche project there. The Porche took 1st place & that sweet bus (a daily driver also!) took 2nd in our import/European class.

Very nice car and awesome looking interior. Would you mind sharing the name of the upholstery shop?

Back