• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Roof is faded.....

xallenx

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting my roof re-painted..it's so faded that it's like clooudy white not dark green....has anyone ever got their roof painted...i mean just the roof and nothing else...I just need to know how much it would cost for a paint shop to do this work....thanks!!!

xallenx said:
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting my roof re-painted..it's so faded that it's like clooudy white not dark green....has anyone ever got their roof painted...i mean just the roof and nothing else...I just need to know how much it would cost for a paint shop to do this work....thanks!!!

My sunroof is almost white instead of black from the paint fading. The paint is barely starting to fade on the trunk, and one spot on the roof. I have not investigated what it would cost to repaint. I would imagine u dont need much prep work, $100-200 maybe. Depends on if you do the prep work or not.

The clear coat is dying from the UV over the years. I guess it's hardly been waxed before?

Typically, when one part fades, the rest will follow soon enough.

A repaint of this might run from about $300-$700 at a typical paint/body shop.

Personally, I'd save the money for a full on paint job (for perhaps a few hundred more) in the summer, and in the meantime, use some polishing compound to remove the chalked clearcoat so it doesn't look quite as bad.

-- Kane

Back