• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Poly got a cracker

holtzboy

Project Procrastinator
This happened last year on my 242 and I am just now getting around to it (seasonal car). First gen RSI mounts from ~2007.

029.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

I installed some stock Meyle mounts and I am going to come up with a good third mount that connects between the head and chassis/inner fender.

That **** happens to me all the time.. ripped 2 already last year. It actually is a really ****ty construction as wel.

****ty materials for the application...

Could probably use a design adjustment too. Many of the bigger MFG's of poly mounts don't expect the whole load to be held based on the adhesion of the poly to a metal surface. They will have structure inside the poly to increase the surface area working to control the load and blah blah blah blah. Just realized that unless I build my own I will not have a durable poly motor mount.

This was their first design I don't know how much it is different now. Not trying to bash RSI since they do offer many great products and services, especially being local.

I'm actually surprised they lasted 5 years. Mine failed after a few weeks on an NA car...

I ripped my old stage 2 mounts...now have the revised one on the driver side and a stack of hockey pucks on the pass side. it has been like that for almost 2 years, no issues yet.

Back