• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Central Texas Volvo Meet Pics

Justin Volvo

Slow Rider
Thanks so much to Dan for organizing the meet and providing us with food and drinks.. Pizza was really good. And thanks to everyone who came out, it was cool meeting everyone. I had a great day and it was good to see all the nice cars. None of the 10 or so cars broke down, even.. heh heh. We should do it again soon. I figured I'd post some pics since it looks like nobody else has yet.. I'd like to see other people's pictures..

Hottest Car: Dan242Tic's 760TiC .. HOT HOT HOT!!
DSCF5050.jpg

Cleanest Engine Compartment: Volvo960r's 740SE with only 70,000something miles.. WOW. Pictures do not convey how clean this was, there is hardly even a speck of dust under there.
DSCF5032.jpg

740 in a 760.. Dan's car is shiny. :)
DSCF5036.jpg

Pics of all the cars:
DSCF5027.jpg

DSCF4995.jpg

DSCF5006.jpg

DSCF4997.jpg

DSCF5063.jpg

More pictures here... I will add more, but I figured I should put up a few right away..
http://photobucket.com/albums/v504/JustinVolvo/TexasBricks/
Not sure why some are bigger than others, photobucket resized them automagically. humm..

peace,
justin

Mucho fun, thanks Justin,
36105186.jpg

Noz-e8tr,Pgringo, Volvo960r, Dan242tic, Kyote, JoshL, Spawt, TheDonald86,Kzoc,JustinVolvo

Hey everyone...Made the trip to CC (187 miles to my driveway Dan) with no problem..Most of my pics look just like the ones above...Here are a few that are different..Had a great time..We def need to do this more often....

So just how rare are these decor panels???
Dan's car..Decor panel #1
tbmeet1.jpg

My car..Decore Panel #2
tbmeet2.jpg

Volvo960R's car..Decore Panel #3
tbmeet3.jpg

Kyote's 240..Notice the absence of backup lenses..That is what happens when your sound system pounds the bass until the lights fall out...
tbmeet4.jpg

They both look pretty quick...(But only one of them is...and it's not the silver one)
tbmeet5.jpg

City park in San Marcos, TX...It's a pretty place...
tbmeet6.jpg

Hey dudes! here are some of my pics

love the SE wagon
wNjQwMzg0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Behind MY SE soon to be someone elses
wNjQwMzg1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

the 2 SE's
wNjQwMzg2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

all such great cars!
http://www.we-todd-did-
racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjQwMzg3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
my dog enjoing the view and air
wNjQwMzg4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjQwNDYzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjQwNDYyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjQwNDY0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjQwNDY1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjQwNDY2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Last edited:
no one has any steer horns on their bricks?

I'm dissapointed in you, Texas.

Man maybe we should have some horns on the bricks, noone took a picture of the solo wheel burnout! lol

Justin Volvo said:
Hey, both my wheels were spinning, I dont know what you're talking about :p
my bad i only saw one tire mark, lol sorry justin, Her=y did you hear? Josh's dad bought my 740se?

Kyote's Weekend

It started friday night installing the factory hitch liberated from local volvo buddy Jakes wagon. It went on great, but my volvo, in its attempts to upset me constantly, refused to work when the trailer lights were wired, so i ran with no turn signals on the trailer, just running lights and brake lights. Saturday morning it began, I left the house at 7 am and set my course for San Marcos, TX. All went well, arriving In san marcos, (first one to arrive at the central TX turbobricks meet), I headed up to buda to take the pics mentioned in the main thread. It took a little criminal tresspassing, a little offroading, but they got taken. Not that it mattered, the 35 mm film somehow got exposed... We ate, swapped parts , went for a "spirited drive" along The Devil's Backbone, and went for a walk in the park. I left for Austin around 7:30 PM and went to a UT game with my cousin and crashed at his place. 5:45 came shortly thereafter, and by that time I was on my way to Dallas to buy my new brick. I arrived around 9:30, the guy got home around 9:45. I drilled holes in the commando bumpoer, installed the towbar and was off. Turns out the little bumper shocks make a little flexjoint betwixt bumper and towbar..... THE CONTINUATION LATER...

hey NOZ...what the heck is that big circle thing on your bumper? is it an air scoop or something...cuz i couldnt find pics of it anywhere but in like this one pic:
tbmeet5.jpg

noz-e8tr said:
Hey...We had one burnout in the parking lot...Did anyone get a picture????
PANSIES! When I had RVM2k3, there was only 1 car that didn't do a burnout! mwuahahhaha :rofl:
Coupled with lots of parking lot drifting and 100mph cruising it was a great time....

Those are some sweet cars guys, I LOVE the SE's. Not many 240's out that way though...

Noz appears to have a foglight (Hella5) in his bumper....why one? who knows...why? who knows....
-Andy

Last edited:
stylngle2003 said:
hey NOZ...what the heck is that big circle thing on your bumper? is it an air scoop or something...cuz i couldnt find pics of it anywhere but in like this one pic:
Noz is building some big-ass driving lights into his bumper. I think it will look great when its done, he cut out the bumper and mounted PVC pipe as a light fixture. As shown in the pics, he's half way there. His car doesn't look that trick at first glance, but he's done lots of little things and when he drops his SC'd 16 valve in there----------look out.

mAydAy said:
PANSIES! When I had RVM2k3, there was only 1 car that didn't do a burnout! mwuahahhaha :rofl:
Coupled with lots of parking lot drifting and 100mph cruising it was a great time....

Those are some sweet cars guys, I LOVE the SE's. Not many 240's out that way though...

Noz appears to have a foglight (Hella5) in his bumper....why one? who knows...why? who knows....
-Andy
Well we were in the courthouse parking lot. We had a couple of guys get sideways going around a corner or two, Several of us spun out at lights. We weren't totally law-abiding. Next time will be bigger, badder, bolder and smokier. CTTBM II coming to a parking lot soon.
Not many 200's true, mine is awaiting a new motor, see my sig for a pic of it in its glory

mAydAy said:
-Andy

Yes..Hella 500's... The lights are countersunk into the bumper and do not protrude beyond the bumper...Also, by cutting into the bumper I gained a lot of ground clearance... The bucket that I installed is actually large enough to mount 8" round driving lights...I like the Hella 500 because it gives me room to install and remove the covers. I will post some pic in showroom so you can see it better. Once the buckets are molded in and the bumper is color matched, I think it will look quite nice...Maybe a little rice-ish..But I don't care....I like it...

Oh..And as to why only one...Because daylight savings time sucks...Did not have time to finish before the meet..

noz-e8tr said:
Hey everyone...Made the trip to CC (187 miles to my driveway Dan) with no problem..Most of my pics look just like the ones above...Here are a few that are different..Had a great time..We def need to do this more often....

So just how rare are these decor panels???
Dan's car..Decor panel #1
tbmeet1.jpg

Hey is this whole body kit pretty rare? I saw a 740se in the parking lot at a super cheapo grocery store with a baby seat in the back the guy was reading an auto trade... it had the wing, the body kit, that color and gemini wheels... next time I see him I am going to make an offer on his car.. what's it worth yah think?
Sean

Back