• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My second volvo a 740T

Nayo

a couple of weeks i end up getting this volvo 740T i been waiting and waiting until i found it,only problem was front brakes sketchy according to the seller but still i drove it home 25miles :) but in the freeway around 60mph i encounter some traffic so i try to brake and the rear brakes just totally lock putting me sideways!! choku dori on the freeway the good thing is i know drifting so i was able to control the car otherwise big accident once i got home i check the brakes and the front brake line was crack !
the car drive really nice and fast and handles really good running 8psi :cool:
any advice,tips etc would really be appreciated

first burnout!
<embed src="http://img5.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Pdw3jdrvzquuigkiabqlulg" width="480" height="340" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/><br/>
<a href="http://www.imageshack.us/">[Upload your own video]</a>

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=279312&highlight=smog

I'm guessing you didn't get a manual for car considering who the previous owner was :rofl:

I'd start with inspecting the pads and if okay, bleed the brakes.

Get a haynes or chiltons..do it right.

k-jet.org for factory service manuals in pdf format.
thanks for the info i go and check k-jet.org, so far i replace both front brake lines i got them from ipd purge the system and working great ABS is on but i am fine with that, also spark plugs were old so i installed a new set, idle was funny but after cleaning the throttle body idle is much better only issue now is every now and then would have a hard start maybe a bad fuel pump?:roll:

Hi

I had the back brakes lock up on my old 89 740ti with ABS. With what I know now about 740 I think it was feedback through wiring into the ABS system

When I get the car back I and going the pull the wiring harness out and redo them all

I was told by a person at a Volvo workshop the late 240 and 700 series still have the harness like the early 240 did

car specs update
stage 0 complete
new ngk spark plugs
new spark plug wires
prosport mbc at 12psi
tlao chips at 6800rpm 954 ecu&gold box ezk
ipd turbo cam
15G turbo
m46
welded diff
ipd lower chassis brace
bilstein hd all around
cut springs
ipd sway bar end link bushings
hydras all around
new brake lines
green reservoir tank cap
new radiator reservoir tank

car is really fast ;)

any mods suggestions ?

thanks

any mods suggestions ?

Exhaust, have you done exhaust yet? Something larger and better flowing than stock. That will wake it up a little more.

edit: nevermind, it wasn't in your current spec list but I see exh pics up there.

Other than that, drive it and enjoy the crap out of it. Start collecting parts for a T5 trans swap. Beat on it too much and you will waste the factory manual trans. Or, start a collection of M46s? :lol: (This info is based on what I have read here on TB several times over. Mine has an auto trans :roll: so, not speaking from experience.)

Last edited:
Might want to fix that RR flat tire..............it'll really handle good then..................

Exhaust, have you done exhaust yet? Something larger and better flowing than stock. That will wake it up a little more.

edit: nevermind, it wasn't in your current spec list but I see exh pics up there.

Other than that, drive it and enjoy the crap out of it. Start collecting parts for a T5 trans swap. Beat on it too much and you will waste the factory manual trans. Or, start a collection of M46s? :lol: (This info is based on what I have read here on TB several times over. Mine has an auto trans :roll: so, not speaking from experience.)

exhaust is already modified to 2.5"

old vs new tail lights

Attachments

• old.jpg
    old.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 452
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 450
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 452
$uck it mueller
i got my hands dirty plenty of times on this thing
mostly thanks to steve and the greedy old mr Zach for putting together a decent car.

Glad to see you are enjoying it Nayo, is that a water bottle under the hood? Mexican ingenuity at its finest :cool:
well i experience some oil going in to the turbo the day i was doing the donuts so i block the intake side with a spark plug and route the hose from the pcv to the water bottle in order to continue the fun and adding new oil at the same time work very well.

That color blue is alway nice on the 740, glad to see you have started stage zero! Hope this car doesn't have cheap sticker fender vents from the local Walmart in it's near future!

Dumb question, any idea of who make the cone filter and intake tube? Is it specifically made for a 740T or mdded from something else?

That color blue is alway nice on the 740, glad to see you have started stage zero! Hope this car doesn't have cheap sticker fender vents from the local Walmart in it's near future!

Dumb question, any idea of who make the cone filter and intake tube? Is it specifically made for a 740T or mdded from something else?

The cone filter came from the previous, previous owner. It was nearly at stage zero when I handed it over aside from the brakes. Maybe even zero+ ha. Nayo got a great deal. Sometimes I regret selling it but I was just out of patience at the time. Also my insurance paid me off handsomely after I got t boned by an M6.

Back