• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Da Hood...Da Flathood (Pics! )

Inc3pt

Alright so obviously most of you remember my post about switching to gloss black flathood and 7" round headlights and everything :-D

Well, my exhaust had been open downpipe for something like ~7 months before I put the black hood on. I had never been pulled over once and been asked to change my exhaust. Then for the last two weeks with the black hood, Ive been pulled over four times (IN TWO WEEKS) and three of the police mentioned my exhaust. This seems like profiling to me, I attribute it to the black hood. Well, I wanted it red to match obviously, but I thought it would be hard to get the color..

The black hood, looked something like this:
Image501.jpg

And, The Results:

image0026em.jpg

image0035as.jpg

image0010es.jpg

Comments? What do you think? $2.47 Rattlecan from Home Depot didnt match too bad, Eh? :-D :-D :-D

Im so pleased with it. :-D

Looks awesome, impressive paint match too! I just found a Duplicolor cherry red truck paint that matches my brothers red paint perfectly! So we're cleaning up the engine bay and getting rid of all the scratches. The only thing I don't like about the flathood on your car is that it doesn't line up right, too low in the front and too high in the back. Your car just looks so clean and slick that little things like that stand out. Have you thought about tinting your turn signals just a little bit? And maybe gloss black virgos too.

Lookin good!

The Aspirator said:
The only thing I don't like about the flathood on your car is that it doesn't line up right, too low in the front and too high in the back. Your car just looks so clean and slick that little things like that stand out.

I appreciate the compliment, and yes, it will be aligned, I am going to have some friends help me with reinstalling the OE latch equipment and align the hood properly, then weld up the holes drilled for hood pins, and then repaint. :-D In due time hopefully.

The Aspirator said:
Have you thought about tinting your turn signals just a little bit?

Yeah, My plan is to respray the buckets inside back to silver, because they're faded now. If I tint them, they will hardly shine at all, so again, hopefully soon, but definitely on the list :-D.

The Aspirator said:
And maybe gloss black virgos too.

Im thinking a black stripe down the depression in the center.

Looks good!

I'm with Doug. I like both versions. That's also the front grill setup I am using. I kept the chrome outlines. I think you got stopped because your car is so loud.

Enjoy the road,

The Aspirator said:
Electrical tape, seriously! My brother did it to his virgos and it stayed on for an entire pacific northwest winter. Looked really good too. It's teh ghetto. :cool:

I did electrical tape as a test and it looked pretty sweet and lasted for two months until I took it off. I will probably do it again.

Inc3pt said:
I did electrical tape as a test and it looked pretty sweet and lasted for two months until I took it off. I will probably do it again.

Looks good Tye! Amazing color match for the price!

I agree with Doug and Dan, get the rubber stops for the front of the hood and that will allow you to adjust the height of the front, and it could even bring the back down enough by doing that!

On the electrical tape bit, buy some good 3M electrical tape. it is far superior than the cheap stuff. I was hesitant to spend the extra $1 or 2 for 3M but it stays taped and the adhesive sticks better for longer.

take care
looks great, good job! glad to see you have made some good progress on the car!

Ok...have to know....what brand of paint...what's the name of it?

I'm telling you....that's a great match...I have a brown flathood ready to be painted and I would rather rattlecan it than maaco.

Do tell so I can get that flatty on the car.

Did you clearcoat too?

Gotsta know.

RedFridge said:
Ok...have to know....what brand of paint...what's the name of it?

I'm telling you....that's a great match...I have a brown flathood ready to be painted and I would rather rattlecan it than maaco.

Do tell so I can get that flatty on the car.

Did you clearcoat too?

Gotsta know.

Its made by Rustoleum, "Painter's Choice" I thnk. There were two reds, I chose the darker...No clear coat at all.

:-D

Back