• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rear axle oil cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volvo78GT

I noticed that somebody described that the GRP A rear end has oil cooling... how hard would that be to do to a 1030 or 1031? just insert a thread and lines and a small rad that has air going through it and perhaps a pump after the rad to help flow?

am I off too much?

Unless you're running enduros, why bother? But, just to be on the safe side, there is a way to help diff cooling. JC Whitney and Quadratec and the other big Jeep supply houses have finned aluminum diff covers. They also have extra oil capacity. I might get one (or at least a cheap chrome one) cause they look cool and aren't too expensive.

Umm, Kenny *does* need that powerstroke.

Why do you need your axle cooled? Pushing 300hp through that rear end yet? :e-shrug:

I got the cam today... MUCH THANKS... looks great and can't wait to get it in. Enem stickers are cool too :)

WORD

Glad to hear you got it!

as for my axle... heh just asking. I wonder how warm it gets in there with redline synth axle fluid spinning at 90mph for 10 hours straight... (hey, i'm stuck with a NA slug, i gotta give something else than power eh?)

heard that kenny may get a powerstroke exhaust system for cheep, 3" and fit it to his thing...

soon he'll have to put that ugly powerstroke side decal on his car... or else the ford guys will tie him down and sue him for copyright infrigement... oh wait, that's domain names... u better watch out, ford, uh santa's coming to town...

:D ignore me :D
I'm just building my post count to add to the 707 coming from the old page... just wanna break 1000 before the year is out!

You can do rear end cooling ,its not difficult but i don't see any real gain out of it, just another thing to blow your money on.

I say that because the pumps you need for them are ~$200-350 or so, plus lines, cooler, and some time and work for the rear end cover. Not beneficial if you look at the cost.

Late.

You can do rear end cooling ,its not difficult but i don't see any real gain out of it, just another thing to blow your money on.

I say that because the pumps you need for them are ~$200-350 or so, plus lines, cooler, and some time and work for the rear end cover. Not beneficial if you look at the cost.

Late.

Seems to me you could use any electric fluid pump that's rated for petroleum. It'd probably dramatically extend the life of a rearend. Good idea, Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back