• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Carbon Fiber Flat Hood Run

amccullough

I'm considering having a carbon fiber flat hood made. Is there anyone interested?
If there were 5 of us, the cost would be roughly $1,200 each, 10 of us $900 each.
Prices are based on a local shop I talked to in Reno, NV.

The price discussed included the bottom frame, so yes on hood hinge and latch. Didn't talk specifics but they specialize in Mustang hoods, so they have history. Company is Prototype Concepts in Reno, NV. Price did not include shipping.

I'm just gathering interest to see if there is enough to at least get to 5 before doing any more research.

The price discussed included the bottom frame, so yes on hood hinge and latch. Didn't talk specifics but they specialize in Mustang hoods, so they have history. Company is Prototype Concepts in Reno, NV. Price did not include shipping.

I'm just gathering interest to see if there is enough to at least get to 5 before doing any more research.

There's tons of interest, but no money unless it's for 2nd hand used, right next door for pennies on the dollar.

6e3455e981f8727031a41a6fa663ac44.jpg

Last edited:
IF it's true, full carbon and not fiberglass with a carbon top layer, that isn't a bad price. That being said, ACM in Sweden makes carbon parts already, including flathoods, doors, trunk lids, roof panels, etc, so that is an option for you if you can't get enough interest to make it happen.

I'm considering having a carbon fiber flat hood made. Is there anyone interested?
If there were 5 of us, the cost would be roughly $1,200 each, 10 of us $900 each.
Prices are based on a local shop I talked to in Reno, NV.
Prices seem optimistic.
Any mold costs?
Also curious if it's just a carbon overlay or a full carbon hood.

This.

Patrick, just out of curiousity, do you ever seen anything happening with those flares for a 242? (OP, sorry to hijack the thread.)
Not in any timely fashion. You surely should not wait on me for them. My son racing karts has taken up most of my interest and time lately so they are definitely a back burner project.

I can do it cheaaaper, depending of what you want, can make full carbon, carbon +fg frame, fiberglass laminates in carbon. **** even carbon + kevlar. But shipping would cost alot. Because i am locates in lithuania. If order is big enough and we got somoene trusty in usa side i could ship all of them in single pacake that would save alot. Also i prefer making 86+ hood because thats what i got. But if demand is big enough i can barrow flat hood from some old man i know and make a mold

Back