• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New school vs Old School

Sinbad the Sailor

Master Destructor
What is the difference between the newer and the older windsheilds for the 240? I know that the new one sits flush but is it just a different gasket or is the glass actually a different shape? Is the rear windsheild the same throughout the series? i am looking to update to the newest windsheilds and wanted to know if I had to get all new glass too?

Thanks for the help

hormone83 said:
What is the difference between the newer and the older windsheilds for the 240? I know that the new one sits flush but is it just a different gasket or is the glass actually a different shape? Is the rear windsheild the same throughout the series? i am looking to update to the newest windsheilds and wanted to know if I had to get all new glass too?

Thanks for the help

YES, you'll need a new glass for the windshield. On the new style windshield the gasket is glued onto the glass itself, and cannot be removed/changed.

AFAIK the rear glass is identical in all years 6?->93, but the gasket has a new design similar to the front gasket on the later models. IE. you'll just need a new gasket on the rear...

By the way the windsheilds for the 140 160 and 240 are all shaped the same and are interchangeable. There still are windshields made for the cars with chrome or black aluminum trim.

Yeah, someday I'll be upgrading my car(s) to the newest 240 style stuff.

Here's a related new vs old school question:
The rear tailgates... I've heard and seen people putting the newest style tailgates on their 245s too... The 145 wagon tailgates are the same as the early 245 tailgates as far as I know right? Can the new style smooth tailgate be put on a 145? Anyone know? :badboy:

Back