• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wanted: pictures of 740 front doors with round speaker mesh

oh **** you are my idol! I need the same thing. just put mine in but the thing is not the mesh! i slotted the door (stealth style - you cantr tell rteally) but swtill wanna find a way to put the cover protector on....same for you?

Since it is raining at the moment, I will eiter wait until it stops or get some pics for you guys tomorrow

NB. Had a look on my website. Foud these

Speaker hole
stereo2.jpg

stereo3.jpg

Speaker in place.
stereo5.jpg

These good enough or do you want some new ones?

How many UK t-bricksters does it take to put in a speaker? Well lets see, I count one in the drivers seat, one in the passengers seat and one trying to feel up the guyin the passengers seat so... 3?

EvanSargent said:
How many UK t-bricksters does it take to put in a speaker? Well lets see, I count one in the drivers seat, one in the passengers seat and one trying to feel up the guyin the passengers seat so... 3?
4--- One to take a picture of the above... :-P

1straven said:
Since it is raining at the moment, I will eiter wait until it stops or get some pics for you guys tomorrow

NB. Had a look on my website. Foud these

Speaker hole
url]

url]

Speaker in place.
url]

These good enough or do you want some new ones?

i think i asked you like 2 months ago in the uk meet thread for some pictures... :-P

rallyvovo said:
oh **** you are my idol! I need the same thing. just put mine in but the thing is not the mesh! i slotted the door (stealth style - you cantr tell rteally) but swtill wanna find a way to put the cover protector on....same for you?

im thinking of getting 6.5" speakers in the front doors, but i cant get the standard volvo mesh on then, so i wanna see how it looks with round mesh, i will probably get 6.5" even if it dosnt look good

1straven said:
you funny guys!

We were rewiring the speakers, so those shots were of us putting the trim back in.

As for it working, check this movie out.

http://www.ryanniblett.co.uk/video/stereo.avi

I wish car stereo companies would stop putting so much effort into making a flashy ass deck with animations that look like they came from a commodore 64 and would instead just make a stereo that works. I would love to find one that still has all the features working after 3 years.

SwedishBrick240 said:
I wish car stereo companies would stop putting so much effort into making a flashy ass deck with animations that look like they came from a commodore 64 and would instead just make a stereo that works. I would love to find one that still has all the features working after 3 years.

Mines 2 years old now

1straven said:
Mines 2 years old now

I certainly wasnt insulting your deck. I still think thats a great stereo. I just get frustrated by all these decks that have the fancy ass mechanical face that breaks one week after the warranty expires. Sony is the worst IMO.

SwedishBrick240 said:
I certainly wasnt insulting your deck. I still think thats a great stereo. I just get frustrated by all these decks that have the fancy ass mechanical face that breaks one week after the warranty expires. Sony is the worst IMO.

I know what you mean. My friends have had issues with sony. I brought this one and went for sony because of the black front which suited the rover i had at the time and because i wanted an mp3 player. There were few around at that time.

right, took some more pics as i was being chased for them (you know who you are! :-P )

Drivers side

speaker1.jpg

speaker5.jpg

speaker6.jpg

speaker3.jpg

Passengers side

speaker2.jpg

speaker4.jpg

The wiring :oops: (it was done on a freezing boxing day!)

wiring.jpg

SwedishBrick240 said:
Doesnt look bad at all. Not much clearence there though. Does it rattle at all?

The drivers side does but the cone is fubar'd which is causing the rattle.

As for clearence, very little but they do fit.

Zeeall said:
was it 6mm mdf you used as a spacer?

I have to put my hand up here and say that the car came with the two front speakers already fitted, just not working. Thats why we rewired them and removed the carpet.

Back