• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 trailing arm reinforcements

blkaplan

50 shades of beige
300+ Club
doing the rear bushings in poly so i figured why not reinforce.

if people are intested i could sell these gusset plates pretty cheaply
40926632.jpg

40926654.jpg

40926656.jpg

40926659.jpg

excuse the mediocre welding at best, not much time or effort put into these but they should be much stiffer and not much heavier.

Looks nice, I was also thinking of making that..
You should contact IPD and try if they want to sell your parts... :-P Would be difficult to realize and here on tbricks there are enough people interested I think..

well autoxed the car today with the reinforcement plates. rear end seemed great...

also new poly bushings helped but i had no complaints with the performance of the rear

Are you going to try those reinforcement plates on a set of trailing arms that have not had new bushings installed? I'm not being a nay-sayer or anything like that, but the before/after "butt-o-meter" results were definitely biased because of the new poly bushings.

Just my $0.02...

Either way, looks great! What do the plates weigh?

-Justin

less than 2 lbs.

its true. and honestly i am not entire sure they needed it but i have a lot of rear grip and the more things i can do to assure my geometry stays true the better launches im gonna get and the better drifts i will be able to control...

Back