• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

the front end is coming along.. PICS!

www.sundinracing.com

300+ Member
300+ Club
Some pics of yersterdays work.. Share your opinions.
IMG_0401copy.jpg

IMG_0402copy.jpg

IMG_0403copy.jpg

IMG_0404copy.jpg

IMG_0405copy.jpg

IMG_0406copy.jpg

IMG_0407copy.jpg

IMG_0408copy.jpg

IMG_0409copy.jpg

IMG_0412copy.jpg

I hope you like it!!

Too monochromatic, needs some yellow vacuum lines and red spark plug wires, maybe some blue pulleys. J/K Looks very sharp.

I think you need a big "powered by Hampsters" sticker...

Seriously, I canno wait to finish my degree and build myself a good looking 240. Keep the dream alive man!

BTW, you wouldn't happen to be near Trondheim would you?

When I was there about 8 years ago, I was on the phone with my dad in Tennessee and there was a 240 sitting at a light near the phone (it was baby blue and very low to the ground) anyway, it took off from the traffic light and it sounded like it had an open header... It was looouuud

My dad was like what was that??? (him not really understanding the whole Volvo thing at the time) and I said, well, you wouldn't believe me if I told you... and he says "A Volvo right?" and I confirmed all he said was "Nice"

I think he started to turn soft on the Swedish steel after that :-D

swedefiend said:
BTW, you wouldn't happen to be near Trondheim would you?

When I was there about 8 years ago, I was on the phone with my dad in Tennessee and there was a 240 sitting at a light near the phone (it was baby blue and very low to the ground) anyway, it took off from the traffic light and it sounded like it had an open header... It was looouuud

My dad was like what was that??? (him not really understanding the whole Volvo thing at the time) and I said, well, you wouldn't believe me if I told you... and he says "A Volvo right?" and I confirmed all he said was "Nice"

I think he started to turn soft on the Swedish steel after that :-D

Nice story, but i live 350 miles from Trondheim.. I live near Oslo..

The headlights are going in today with hidden wires, and the ecu and Cdi ecu..

Holy cow that paint is IMMACULATE. Did it take you forever to prep the car for a full paintjob like that or did you get it sandblasted? The paint looks really really sweet man, that's just awesome.

The Aspirator said:
Holy cow that paint is IMMACULATE. Did it take you forever to prep the car for a full paintjob like that or did you get it sandblasted? The paint looks really really sweet man, that's just awesome.

The chassis is new to me.. Bought it of a familymember.. I got the car pained about 3weeks ago, and started to mount my stuff on it.. The car had the same colour before, so there was`nt much job to prepare it to be painted.. Just use a cloth to make the old paint ready for the new one..

Here`s a pic of how it looked when i bought it..
102_0289.jpg

and one from last summer.. then it had a 611bhp & 750Nm of torque engine in it :)
Utennavn.bmp

DurableSwedish said:
wow. you are awesome! how much power is the new engine going to make?

the engine fitted in the 244 now has approx. 420bhp & 530Nm @ 1.8bar boost
It`s really enough for me, it has a neat power curve, so it`s just getting more and more powerful as the revs come up to 7000rpm`s..

Beautiful work!

That's really coming together very well! Everything is just wonderful. Make sure you have some shelf space for the trophies you are going to win when it's finished.

420hp has a better more useful powerband than the 611hp? Is that correct?

dlot said:
That's really coming together very well! Everything is just wonderful. Make sure you have some shelf space for the trophies you are going to win when it's finished.

420hp has a better more useful powerband than the 611hp? Is that correct?

The powerbands are quite similar, but my little turbo Turbonetics E-50 stage 5 T3 .67 turbine housing and T4 compressor are quicker in the spoolup.. I have full boost around 3750rpm`s

The Innovative turbosystems GT-66 BB are a little slower on the spoolup, but has a TOTALLY different function.. When it`s spooling up the car is fast, and when it reaches full boost it goes totally bananas.. So much power that you start to feel strange, and some of my friends got really nocious.. Wanted to throw up :)

swedishiron.com said:
I would be very interested in a detail shot and written description of modifying what appears to be a 700 series Power Steering Pump mounted on the intake side of the motor, below the alternator:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/sundinracing/IMG_0404copy.jpg

Thank you!
JD

There will be a detailed photo of the servo pump and brackets sent to your email tomorrow.. Just send me a PM with your adress, and I`ll reply with a highres pic to your mail :) 2-2.5mb size..

Back