• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Body panels and some Fiberglass panels..

I know a guy who bought some steel panels for his 242 from the guy and had only good things to say about him. I plan to get my gt style lack of spare tire wells from him. if i get them soon i'll let ya know how everything goes..

Niiice, I just got done welding the trim holes closed on my 142, trying to avoid the rocker rust, but with some of these replacement panels it would be soooo easy. I sent them an email yesterday, no word yet, guess I might have to call.

Anyone know the pricing on their fiberglass 142 stuff, fenders hood, trunk?

We're loking on getting some panels for that P1800 racecar from there, I will post up for sure if/when we do! Looks like a promising site for sure.

I have no personal experience w/ these guys but I've read a warning about them on the 1800list. Hope things work out well for you guys. FG parts would be sweet for the 1800 :).

Rob

I wonder how good there 86+ 240 hoods are. Do most things like this come coated in primer so they don't rust? My SE has a 2 dents on the hood, and getting a new one would end up being cheaper than dealing with the dents and crap.

Super1800GTR said:
I have no personal experience w/ these guys but I've read a warning about them on the 1800list. Hope things work out well for you guys. FG parts would be sweet for the 1800 :).

Rob
What was the warning? Can you provide more info please? Thx!

I see only fenders for 164's on there. Anyone know where I can get a fiberglass hood and front section as well? I think I can adapt that to fit my 242.

I'm lazy so here's the post:

"I just wanted let others know that one of the distributors listed in
this list's bookmarks has been giving me a hell of a time. Last
November, someone backed into my '62 p1800 and did light damage to
the front, but enough that I needed to replace several chrome
pieces. I was overjoyed when Showcar-Bodyparts called me back saying
they did indeed have what I needed. The price was reasonable, given
the age and peculiarity of the car. So I sent them money through
PayPal as they requested. Well, I haven't received parts. I haven't
received a call or email, despite several requests to figure out when
I might expect them. When I have spoken to them over the phone, they
never seem to know where the order is and 'will call right back.'

I hope they have a legitimate reason for their apparent poor
service. I would love to hear it. I want others on this list to
know of a potential 'bad apple' on our list. I hope no one (except S-
B) is offended by this posting. Alan Z."

I did some searching but couldn't find if the issue was ever resolved.

Rob

Anyone buy parts from these guys recently? I'm looking for cheap FG parts & some replacement panels for the 142.

Rob

I called them once.. looking for 142 parts. They don't have a lot of what they list (usually the case when a list is too good to be true). They did have fibreglass fenders I believe. It's been a few years since I last contacted them.

I found someplace in Europe - Maybe Norway? I don't htink it was Sweden - that carried lots fo FG Volvo parts. I know they had more or less full fiberglass 240 bodies -- doors, fenders, hoods, trunklids, etc. I've long since lost the link, its probably been 2 years or better since I had it.

Edit: Dang, I love me some searchin!
http://home.swipnet.se/rpglasfiber/
Courtesy of Darren{TPC} (Anyone seen him recently? I haven't heard from him in quite a while!)

I need to email them, they have some great parts and unless prices have gone up, they sure used to be pretty dang cheap

The Saab guys have actually dealt with him and apparentally he speaks English well, I need to call him up I guess! http://www.uksaabs.net/viewtopic.php?t=901&sid=335148c12b2af1d232ec5cf35949bb7f

OK, I'm digging through the Swedish-English Dictionary

Motorhuv Förhöjt 86 - 93 1200
Extended hood 86-93 $150 (I'm guessing thats the standard later hood, flathood is 1100sek $137)

Dörrar 2 dörrars bil 1900 st
(Doors 2 Doors) $236

Bagagelucka 67 - 78 1000
Early trunk lid (140 and early 240) $125

Bagagelucka 79 - 85 1100
Later trunk lid $137

Bagagelucka 85 och nyare (välvd) 1200
Arched trunk? I'm guessing standard 86-93 US hood, $150

Framskärm 80 - 92 2400 par
late style fenders, $300 a pair

Framskärm med Volvo Spec, breddare 3000 par
Volvo Spec (Group-A/R-Sport) widened fenders, $375

Framskärmbreddare som ovan 1700 par
front fender wideners $212

Lyktkåpor Höjd 20cm 600 par
Lyktkåpor Höjd 25cm 700 par
Lighthousings

Racingfront heltäckande med grill, lyse, blinkers & stötfångare 2100
Entire fiberglass front end, 1 piece blanking out grille headlights blinkers and bumper $262

Stötfångare fram och bak 850 st
Front and back bumper $106

Spoilers monteras i stötfångare (Volvos) 750
Bumper mount spoiler (Front airdam) $93

Baklyse, långa modellen 750 par
Long model taillights? $93

Hel bakskärm med Volvo Spec, Breddare 2 dörrars 3000 par
entire rear fender with. Volvo spec widening, 2 doors $375

eller del under listen med breddare 2 dörrars 2600 par
Or part beneath the trimline $323

Specbreddare 1100 par
Just the flares $137

Hel bakskärm med Volvo Spec, Breddare 4 dörrars 3100 par
complete rear fenders volvo spec widened, 4 door $385

Banracing frontspoiler 2800
racing spoiler, for tarmac (Circuit Racing) $348

Racingfront allt utom motorhuv och stötfångare delade på mitten i fronten 3000
Racing front all except hood and bumper, divided in middle of the front $375

Big thanks to Morley for helping me clean up the translation. Just a warning from Morley -- These parts are meant for rally and race use, they are VERY rough and are NOT, NOT meant for show car use, but for extreme lightness and racing use

Pictures!!
Specbreddade bark och framskärmar

Racinfront

Banracing spoiler

Notice the Sten Parner Motor stickers, too!

Last edited:
:eek: does "filppfront" mean what I think it does? :eek:
(one piece flip-up front clip?) That would be fuking sick!

Yes Kenny, it does!

PS, Just cuz you're a mod doesn't mean you should evade the ****ing word filter like that :-P

Very cool! Shipping would probably kill the good prices :(.

Rob

Andy, are you accounting for the insane tax that the swedes have to pay? If not, things would be even cheaper for us, assuming that the site is already marked up for VAT(?), I think that's what it is anyway... Seen the site before too, good stuff.

I'm just straight converting over costs, no VAT taken into account, I'm not sure if those prices include VAT, but often prices are less vat. If it is with VAT, then theres extra money to be had toward shipping! I'll try to call him up sometime, I need more money first, but this spring I'd probably be very interested in some parts......

I've wanted stuff from there for a while. Shipping a one piece front end from sweden is probably big bucks. Might be cheaper to have one made here?

Anyone know what "Nedre frontpk?t med galler" means (under the 140 section).

Sticking glass rear doors on the 145 would be fun!

Cheers

Back