• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

TB Melbourne mini-meet part 2 -- 56k, not today!

ashvolvo

2 > 7
Hi everyone, last weekend, Ben (The Guv), Cam (Cam740) and myself caught up for a chat, a short afternoon cruise and a photo session at a park close by.

Here are some more pics. Enjoy!

tbm11.jpg

From L to R:
Ben's 1989 240, Cam's 1987 740 Turbo, My 1990 240

tbm12.jpg

tbm13.jpg

tbm15.jpg

From L to R:
Back shots of Cam's 1987 740 Turbo, My 1990 240, Ben's 1989 240

tbm16.jpg

Ben's 1989 240. The sunlight seems to show the dints really well, but they won't be there for too long.

tbm18.jpg

Cam's 1987 740 Turbo.

tbm19.jpg

Ben's 1989 240 again.

tbm111.jpg

tbm110.jpg

Another pic of all three.

tbm113.jpg

tbm112.jpg

My 1990 240

Last edited:
And more to come hopefully this Sat!!!

Had to include a photo of Ash's rims - they look awesome (I may have already posted em on Part 1 but CBF'd looking!! :lol: )

THe other 2 shots are Ash and Ben as we were leaving - Ben following cause he has an uncanny knack for finding dead ends!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT// Ash check snowball threads!!!

Neil Peart said:
NICE CARS guys!! looked like fun. That Red 240 needs a turbo:lol: . Its hot nevertheless.

Oh Ash will LOVE hearing that!!! :lol: :lol:

His is quicker than my 740t running 14psi so its pretty sharp for a NA 240!!

Neil Peart said:
NICE CARS guys!! looked like fun. That Red 240 needs a turbo:lol: . Its hot nevertheless.

A turbo would be great, but its not as practical an option as it is in the LHD market. It simply isnt a 'cheap' performance option here like it is in the states, and I like having a quick N/A car - it certainly surprises a few people.

I may look at turboing it eventually but not for a while.

Thanks for the compliments.

Dear_vs_Coyote said:
What engine mods do you have ash?

without going into great detail,
* H cam
* extractors and hand built 2 1/4" exhaust
* custom airbox and inlet
* mild head work
* electric fan
* no a/c

Lots of little things, hotter plugs, 8.8mm leads, new oxy sensor (surprisingly this can make a big difference)
Many hours spent tuning and testing, changing Throttle Position sensor, etc
Everything we've ever done to it is documented with notes and appropriate comments, etc
- Makes life a lot easier.

There are also great gains to be made in fanatical tuning - ie, spending time adjusting and testing in search of small gains. Add together a few small gains, and larger ones become apparent.

The car wont idle well, but above 3500 rpm its a LOT of fun.

If you want specifics and more details, PM me and I'll take more time and be thorough and go through it all.

PS, Cam & Ben - I may be able to get my grubby hands on a Haltech E6X computer. :twisted:

Last edited:
ashvolvo said:
PS, Cam & Ben - I may be able to get my grubby hands on a Haltech E6X computer. :twisted:

Now hang on - which version of our 27 possible cars that we discussed was that for - the 240 turbo???

cam740 said:
IIRC this is the one we was talking about to turbo (?) a 242 or 240 :???: :???: :???:

Given approrpriate resouces (read: dollars) - this is what I'd do.

IF I can get it free or at a decent price, I'll fit it to my 240.

There are a couple of guys who are running the E6K (earlier but more or less the same) on turboed 240s in Australia and there is some volvo-specific knowledge around on getting it working well.

Last edited:
ashvolvo said:
Given approrpriate resouces (read: dollars) - this is what I'd do.

IF I can get it free or at a decent price, I'll fit it to my 240.

There are a couple of guys who are running the E6K (earlier but more or less the same) on turboed 240 in Australia and there is some volvo-specific knowledge around on getting it working well.

Cool - we'll use u as a guinea pig - how unusual!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back