• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

look what $400 can buy you in a "flyover" state...

nothing but turbo

lurker with a purpose
plus the fact that the owner received a citation from his city for having a non-registered car sitting in his yard for too long helped tilting the situation in my favor :badboy: so I grabbed the deal!

actually, it was $800 but i bought her in partnership wiht a buddy of mine who's interested in the wheels only (with spankin' new rubbers on them btw)

this car was a godsend for me: i've been looking for a car with grey interior and trim without any chrome for about 4 yrs now... and found her in "turbo"???
i'm agnostic, but: thank you GOD! :-P

anyways, it's an '90 with 194K and TD04-13C that blows oil around the turbo seals, even if it was rebuilt 20K miles ago :roll:
the bad news is: LH 2.4
good news: K motor
overall i'm very happy that has no rust

i'll start researching first about what performance improvements are doable on 2.4 (i've owned only cars with 2.2 so far), but definitely i wanna stay bosch efi.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find! Glad the heat is taken off me for finding my wagon for a similar deal. :)

VX cam does pretty well in mine at 4d advanced but it's an auto. My findings so far after the obvious sways and Bil's(already on mine though), would be a 3" exhaust. Don't bother trying to tweak the timing either...it doesn't happen easily like the earlier 2.2. :(

Back