• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

IRC chat?

A

Anonymous

Guys, I can host an IRC chat for turbobricks 24/7 if you want. IRC has advantages over AIM, most notably you can use any name you want instead of having to use your AIM name, meaning you can use your T-bricks name. Email, AIM, or PM me if you have any questions about it...

http://www.mirc.com for the IRC client.

[quote:9c86f60bda]Guys, I can host an IRC chat for turbobricks 24/7 if you want. [/quote:9c86f60bda]
you'd have to prove to the hub that you have at least 12 people online at the same time for some length of time right? or are you just figuring you'd stick a bot in there to keep the room up?

[quote:9c86f60bda]IRC has advantages over AIM, most notably you can use any name you want instead of having to use your AIM name, meaning you can use your T-bricks name.[/quote:9c86f60bda]

True. But, if you weigh out the pros and cons AIM is a much better client for what we use it for. Its already something people use/have installed, its simple (and even as simple as it is, there are still folks who are figuring it out), it does all the same things IRC does...

i weighed out all the possible chat apps out there.. AIM was the best (and was quite obvious when we had 10+ folks in the room for 2 months straight).

feel free to start one though... just dont expect anyone to show up :e-shrug:

Back