• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pickering, ON, Canada meet post mortem

robadlers

Heyah folks,

Well, MadChigga (Sam) had asked about going to the meet in Pickering, whether he'd possibly have a chance at winning a prize, and went home with 1st place in his class.

Seriously nice car, that 740SE. One of the cleanest SE's I've ever seen. Ay to go Sam. Great work.

We had a really nice mix at the meet. The 240 wagon stereo mobile, A very modified 240 wagon with Mustang V8, a row of gorgeous 1800's and 544's!

The legion of 240s were there in force, and the 850's showed up later. Not as many 700 and 900 series this round, but the 780 that was there was VERY clean. The 145 wagon with the 850 5-cyl is always a crowd pleaser.

Best of show went to a 1960 122S that was just sweet.
We're getting a broader range of machines these days. More and more performance cars are starting to appear.

Meaford in October should be quite cool.

I'll remember not to park under an Oak again BTW. Man do those things sweat in the heat. I had sap droplets all over the car by the end of the day and I'm going to have to rewash the car tomorrow morning before they become part of the clear coat.

robadlers said:

I'll remember not to park under an Oak again BTW. Man do those things sweat in the heat. I had sap droplets all over the car by the end of the day and I'm going to have to rewash the car tomorrow morning before they become part of the clear coat.

Sounds like a great show! Congrats to the winners (double for madchigga).

OAKS SUCK! I have them infront and on the side of the house, what a pita.

Back