PDA

View Full Version : Volvo show?

Kasper
04-28-2003, 01:56 PM
i read about a volvo show in niagara falls sometime in august, but i cant find the page anymore. anyone know anything about it? or any other volvo meets in ontario?

Hank Scorpio
04-28-2003, 04:00 PM
try www.vcoa.org There is two events I know of, well three. One is August 15-17 in Olypmia Washington, another on the east coast (I would assume thats the one you know of) and another one in canada itself, though I don't know the details on those off the top of my head. They are all VCOA shows though, pretty sure

Doug

DEM80240WGN
05-05-2003, 04:46 PM
this is a link for the big show. NIAGRA FALLS! you'll see me there, but my car might be bmw m5 blue by then.
http://www.eurosporttuning.com/volvoshow2003.htm

TheMadChigga
05-10-2003, 08:15 PM
I'll probably be there, my b-day is on that weekend.

STRIP CLUB! BOO YA

DEM80240WGN
05-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Sam, whens your b-day? mines on the 25th right after but still! you gonna reach for sure?

Kasper
05-13-2003, 12:51 PM
thanks.
yeah that wasnt the same page i was looking at before, but it has more info anyway..
i'll be there for sure..
cant wait.

JonnyScorch
05-13-2003, 11:20 PM
I'm gonna try to make it, but i dunno about making the trip down there from Cornwall TWICE in two weeks... when i return to School in St. Catharines.... I'd love to see some of the cool volvos in that area... Anyways it would be great if you could take as many pics as possible for the people who can't make it...

-Jonathan

This is a pic after i came home for Xmas.... shows quite explicitly why it's called the rust belt...

robadlers
05-14-2003, 01:07 PM
Well, I'm gonna be there, that's for sure...

Much work to be done before then though... Sheesh...

TheMadChigga
05-14-2003, 10:51 PM
very high possibility, as long nothing come up.

and mine is 24th!
y can't they just have like a bi-weekly Volvo meet around GTA?

robadlers
05-15-2003, 08:06 AM
You guys heading to the Hwy 6 meet near the end of this month?

I believe it's May 25th. That was a fun event last year and really helped start the show season on a nice note...

Also, Sam, where is you guys typically meet. Krispy Kreme? Where abouts, what nights?

I haven't visited that location yet. In Kitchener, you typically have the regulars hanging out every night at the Tim Horton donut shops on Ottawa st. between King and Weber, and the other one on King St. north of Victoria.

What's fun is during the summer, we get visitors in singles or groups coming in from different towns/cities. A few weeks back, a group of VW tuners from Cambridge showed up with some sweet cars. In town most modern cars are all Hondas (go figure).

I'm still the island around here with the Volvo, but I'm starting to see the odd Volvo somewhat modified in town.

Kasper
05-15-2003, 03:02 PM
hwy 6 meet? qu'est-ce que c'est??

where's it at, and whats involved?

im from woodstock on, by the way, for whoever it was that asked me.

robadlers
05-15-2003, 04:36 PM
http://www.canadianvolvoclub.org/ has the listing.

Waterdown show

It's actually RIGHT beside the dinosaur/gazeebo place on the west side of Hwy 6, just south of the dinosaurs.

May 25th, 11am - 4pm

He ran it as an experiment last year. Was so successful and fun, it's running again this year!

TheMadChigga
05-20-2003, 03:34 PM
yea, KK on Mavis rd.

the rice is getting out of control here, I think I might hit up places where isn't infect by rice.

robadlers
05-23-2003, 02:48 PM
Ha ha!!!!

That's funny.... you'd have to go to a 70's or older car show for that... RIGHTTTT...

Actually, Wednesday nights at Burlington's Fairview mall (exit Barton st. / 403 hwy). is open car cruise night. First come, first parked.

The Volvo 1800 guys from Niagara Falls show up there every once in awhile. I've gone a few times too. Would be nice to have other Volvos along my side. Arrange a date folks?

TheMadChigga
05-26-2003, 12:18 AM
June 26 or 27?

I can't lately due to exams are coming up, I need to keep my avg up or universities gonna drop my offers.

robadlers
05-26-2003, 08:03 AM
Smart man Sam...

Yesterday was a VERY fun gathering BTW.

Ryan was there with the 780. I believe Tom (organizer) said there were three more cars than last year.

HOWEVER, the people that showed up were a different group.
We had a BIG show from a group in North Bay. YEAH! VOLVO fenatics in North Bay! 4 hour drive down in the morning.

They had one VERY cool 240 pickup truck in yellow. Working tailgate and all. They did a very smart thing and used a rear tailgate window and frame from a 740 for the rear window. It was based off a 1992 240 station wagon. Very good work by the guys not much older than yourself.

More modified cars this year than last year, which was nice to see. My Volvo seat belt shoulder pads went over BIG time, and I've given the contact information to Frank (eurosporttuning.com) to get in contact with the wholesaler.

There was a guy with a 740, that had a heavily modified B230FT engine in it. Had changed the pistons from Volvo ones to Buick, raising the compression from 8.7:1 to 9.4:1. Turbo stayed stock pressures. Many other modifications as well, but he said it went like stink. He's modified several engines in the car, including a B21FT. It's usually project work between his father and him.

More later. Must ready for work...

Volv-a-Ratti Man
05-27-2003, 06:04 PM
For you Texas VCOA Volvo enthusiasts, there is a meet coming June 7th in Waco, TX.
Hope to see you brick fans there!

TheMadChigga
05-28-2003, 12:09 AM
^^

u should post it in US forum.

I wonder when's next meet? and u got a pic for the shoulder pads? it'll go well w/my harness.

robadlers
05-28-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by TheMadChigga
^^

u should post it in US forum.

I wonder when's next meet? and u got a pic for the shoulder pads? it'll go well w/my harness.

Next meet is in London, end of July. You haven't been there yet Sam, but you shouldn't miss it. Whadda blast.

Yeah, since I've had questions about those shoulder pads, I'll nab a shot of it at work and post.

Tony Giverin (CVC exec) is trying to see if the CVC exec will approve buying a few sets of those pads as prizes for the July event. He's heading down to the vendor here in Kitchener next weekend to buy a set for his car.

Kasper
06-04-2003, 08:20 PM
should i just post pics of the waterdown meet here? one at a time? or where can i post more at once? i know nothing about that kinda stuff.

robadlers
06-04-2003, 10:47 PM
Kasper,

You on the Canadian Volvo Club mailing list yet?

I have the mailing list set up on Yahoogroups.
You could post a new thread with the pictures here and/or post to the mailing list picture archive.

So you were there, but who were you? I don't even recall running into you there! Sheesh...

Pics of the pickup 240 please!!!!!

TheMadChigga
06-04-2003, 11:26 PM
MUST ATTEND LONDON MEET

Kasper
06-05-2003, 03:43 PM
where do i go for the yahoogroup volvo thing..
do i just have to become a member and then i can set up a pic page?

i was the kid with the dark blue volvo wagon parked under the tree. i didnt really talk to a lot of people there...and i only took a few pics.

Kasper
06-05-2003, 03:46 PM
well i might as well set up a thread for waterdown pics..
check it out.

robadlers
09-14-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by JonnyScorch

-Jonathan

This is a pic after i came home for Xmas.... shows quite explicitly why it's called the rust belt...

OK, I didn't ask before, but how'd you convince MTO to give you that licence plate, Hmmmmm???? ;)

I wonder if anyone has : DRATSAB

There's a guy in St. Catherines with: MYBRICK

JonnyScorch
09-14-2003, 11:27 AM
I haven't seen "my brick" but there are a whole bunch of volvo lovers around there! Its great to see.

as for my licence well, that way it looks better then scribbling/blacking it out.

-Jonathan

Kasper
09-14-2003, 06:58 PM
i dont get it...people can see your license plate all the time on the road, but someone across the world isnt allowed to see it on the internet?? i've never really understood that. how dangerous can it be to let everyone see your license plate. meh, im too lazy to scribble it out anyway.