• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Install Has Come A Long Way

DEM80240WGN

pics of my install from the begining. grew tired of the gray carpet so i re-vinyled everthing white and added some neons that was planned from the start. what do u think?

major redecorating

Nice job on the makeover! It goes with the dash now. That sure is a lot of power back there. It's really neat how well the car is setup to do that. The rear floor hatch is just perfect for all those electronics. Enjoy!

I like the white, with how it goes with the dash, but I kinda like the carpet for some reason. Just my opinion.

Jack

THATS SO SWEET
wow, you must put a ton of work into that, your car in a whole has always been my favourite looking 240 in the world, im glad you keep doing things to it, the vinyl looks great good job

Leivon

Now let me preface this by saying I hate ricey looking stuff, and that definately has that appearance...

However, I like what you did. You can tell that a lot of work in fabrication went into it, and its not too too flashy. Also, the white looks good, and it matches the dash set up you have (which I also like, and have really thought about maybe painting some stuff up front).

how is that ricey? i had the inverted subs in the fibreglass enclosure long before i ever seen it in magazines. plus the subs are blaupunkt whitch keeps it all european. maybe the ricers stole the euro look when they seen my volvo lookin better than theirs. HA

no the fact that the whole dash is white, the neons and 15's aren't going to sound as nice as say 10's or 12's. Blaupunkts can be beat out too by other good companies. Sorry, but all show and no go, that's rice. With all the weight in your car, I doubt it's really that fast.

Jack

I have to defend DEM80240WGN with the following picture, all show and no go??? i dont think so. I think harry and Jack are just jealuos their cars dont look that good...

Leivon

thats weird. every magazine i've read and every car audio rep i've talked to say that 15 produce more spl! especially dual voice coil ones. 146.2db isn't bad for two subs. i've been involved with hi end stereos for 5 years and i can say that there is better stuff out there, mostly because somethin new comes out every month. my install is solid, havn't had a problem in 2yrs. "ALL SHOW NO GO!" please. how can u say my car isn't quick. where's all this weight your talkin about? its fibreglass!
plus my motor is pushin 180-190.

Easy there Jack.

Honestly you guys have no idea how involved it is to do a set up like, hats of to you bud, after my 3 week long fiberglass fiasco (grrr) that set up is REALLY nice looking.

Plus, whats a little diversity gonna do to hurt anyone you know? Not all of us roll in the money, or focus soley on Audio equipment, so sometimes you get what you get.

yeah doug, just checked ur other thread with the picks. not bad at all. i spent about 40 hours on just the top for the box. you get faster the more you work with the stuff. and as for the money spendin', i think i'm growin out of it. my stereo is loud enuff as well. plus stereos arn't built to last for very long with the abuse that they take, so your always spending to get new stuff.

theres always something better, cooler, newer and more expensive out there. You just have to know when to stop.

On a side note... I just realized why I haven't been able to get the sound I want out of mine yet. With one in and one out, they are both wired the same, they are workign against each other! DOH! I'll have to try that out tomorrow... or tonight when I get home! lol

deeerrrrr

I could argue on more point, but would just get pushed back into this corner farther. Tousche fellas. Although 15's yes are going to kick ass in SPL, i was talking about SQ, where a crisper sub is desired. Sorry for that misconception.

Jack

Isaac, I happened to look at your other pics on pbase.... and are you sleeping on your subs? Even if you are, I still like the idea of how the rear converts into a bed.

Also, hARRY is not putting anyone down, just merely stating he would not do something like that to his car. It is admireable that it has been done, and yes it does take a lot of time and money.

It looked Great before and it looks great now.. don't know which i like better and i don't care... they both rock! I can't wait to see this car if if i can ever make it to one of the ontario meets.. it'll probably be the one you don't make it to tho :rolleyes: ...

It's fun to change things up every once and a while, i can't wait to see how you contine to change your ride up!

Back