• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

since the last thread is messed up, getting speakers in the back door of a 240 sedan

rosspod

When i removed the door panel, i could not find any type of release for the speakers, they are mounted directly to the door, and have some sort of bolt type thing, any ideas on how to proceed?

The speakers in the back doors of my 91 244 are rivited to the plastic mounting thing and i assume through the card board backing as well.. to get them out you could just drill out the rivit or find some other way to get it out, BUT then ya gotta figure out how your going to mount them back that will be strong enough.. I got to those speakers and i didn't want to pull the door panels so i'm leaving them as is until i need to take the panels off for something. Annoying stuff..

okay i finally got around to doing this, and i got the entire panel off this time, and i hammered out the rivir, but its till hung on by some metal the view is like this from the back:

back.jpg

any ideas?

thanks,
ross

rivet removal

You have to drill out the rest of the rivets. That will let the speaker fall off the door. You only removed the center nail. But the part that gets crushed to hold a piece together is still on there. Drill the center of those things out. Use a drill just slightly larger than the center hole. That will do it.

Happy New Year,

haha whats funny, is i was like, damnit. im not going to let this beat me. these speakers are going in this weekend. so i started filing down the rivet, then i plan to cut the speaker out of the holder, then use a type of nut/bolt/washer system to hold it in the holder and put the grille back on.

since ive got this thing figured out, im turning into a tutorial for barkay. ive taken a few pictures to bring you up to speed, and i am off to lowes to talk with someone down there about how to bolt this thing in. thanks peter, and dave, and everyone else who has participated in this thread. i really couldn't have gotten this far, this soon without your help and patience!

Back