• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I mostly need some 850 Cosmetic fixes...

TRBO242

I mostly need some 850 Cosmetic fixes... (56k No way)

I've alreay got some good ideas from my other thread (thanks guys), I'd like to open this one up to options for Cosmetic fixes.

Here are the not so pretty bits. 850 guys what are our options.

232568.jpg

232569.jpg

232570.jpg

232571.jpg

232572.jpg

232573.jpg

232574.jpg

>nick

Last edited:
I've heard that those trim pieces that always peel away like that are pretty cheap at the stealership... Otherwise just peel all the rest of the black off, sand and primer/paint.

Those are all pretty typical problems you have, maybe try the Volvospeed Cosmetics & Detailing forum. I don't do much cosmetic stuff though :(

Pop on some 98-00 rear tail lights. They had clear turn signals up top if you're lucky enough to pick up a used set.

Add a set of side marker lights, the holes are already there behind the Volvo emblem. Jump the wires to the front turn signals.
Take your time & paint all the grey trim along the side of the car including door handles black.
I pulled off the fuel rail cover, stripped the paint off & polished it, did the same with the intercooler pipe going over the engine. Only took about 45 minutes of sanding & polishing. hardest thing was removing the black paint.
For the spark plug cover, I just degreased it, lightly sanded it, used "Bond Aid" as a primer (supposedly promotes paint adhesion to plastics), then painted with high temp engine paint. For the letters, I hand painted them with a fine brush & a jar of silver model paint. For the airbox cover, I just masked the raised squares carefully before painting.
polished001.jpg

polished002.jpg

You can find directions for polishing the heat shield & intercooler pipe over on Volvospeed.
http://www.volvospeed.com/Mods/polishing.htm

-Todd

Good suggestion on the tails.

Some time bead blasting and pressure washing will help immensly in the engine bay. Carbon fiber (or carbon/kevlar) cam and TB covers will help alot too if thats your bag. Also, I suggest painting all the bare aluminum surfaces, much easier to maintain.

For the "rails" you defiently want to either strip and paint them or get new ones. Im honestly surprized mine hasn't done that yet.

43536498.jpg

Picture 1 - Goto the Sacramento Volvo/Saab and pick up some upper lenses from a V70. Remove the lower and upper's from the 850. Sand them down lightly and clear them. If you want to tint them, follow these directions

http://www.corrado-club.com/faq/detail_faq.CFM?FAQID=121

Pictures 2+3 - Goto the dealership and get some new strips put on. IIRC it's actually not that expensive.

Picture 4 - Get an R Bumper and get it painted

Picture 5- Degreaser, Pressure washer, 30 minutes. Than some scrubbing. As Todd said, polish the IC pipes. If the Valve cover/TB covers are in bad shape, VP Tuning/Eurosporttuning and iPD sell Carbon Fibre versions you can replace them with.

Picture 6- Replace that frayed up fresh air tube for the ECU [dealer or Sacramento Volvo/Saab]

Picture 7- [look at what I said for picture 5]

Good luck Nick!

Back