• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Goddamn these half Japanese nuts!

tjts1

Do it to me every time.
Picture014.jpg

Lets see how you like the business end of the electric drill. Lucky I had some extras on hand.
Picture020.jpg

Upgrade. Went from 16 to 19 to 25.
Picture015.jpg

Saved from the jaws of death to fight another day.
Picture021.jpg

The 19mm bar was rubing against the bottom diff cover bolt. Has anybody ever seen this before? The IPD design has a lot more clearance.

Last edited:
At least is was in a semi-accessible location. I had a stinkin' allen bolt strip out on my GTI for the alternator, I wound up pounding a 12mm box end wrench on with a hammer.

I'm diggin the Weezer reference also. I got a laugh out of it, although now it's stuck in my head.

:-D IPD bars kick so much ass, I never had a rear bar, and the front was 16mm iirc, anyways, the day I put them on I was on the highway and some lady slammed on her brakes for a damn dog, I did a emergency lane change at 85mph or so! God I love those bars :-D

tjts1 said:
The 19mm bar was rubing against the bottom diff cover bolt. Has anybody ever seen this before?
Prolly got bent from someone putting a floor jack improperly on the pumpkin.

-- Kane

yes i have my dads did this. did it have a anoyying clunk when you let the clutch out in first and reverse.it took about a month to find what the hell the problem was and well it took about 10 minutes to fix once found.

r3ckl1ss said:
yes i have my dads did this. did it have a anoyying clunk when you let the clutch out in first and reverse.it took about a month to find what the hell the problem was and well it took about 10 minutes to fix once found.
Well there is no clutch :grrr: but I didn't hear a peep out of it. I had no idea untill I pulled the 19mm today and saw the scratch in the middle of the bar. Maybe I installed it wrong or something. No harm done but im glad I caught it. It only spent about 2 months on the car.

First driving impression with the 24 front, 25 rear setup ... rocks my world. I mean no, it doesn't rock at all. Flat as a board. Freeway onramps are a totaly new experience. You feel the lateral force with your lower body. I can't explain it. Rough pavement is more audible but I guess thats the price I have to pay. I can't wait to get this car on the dry lake and practice some high speed drifts. Last time I had it out there I still had 23 front, 16 rear with Nivomats. It was very hard to break loose.
Still on the TO DO LIST are the AL front control arms with poly end link bushings, change inner tie rods and fabricate a lower chasis brace.

Last edited:
tjts1 said:
The 19mm bar was rubing against the bottom diff cover bolt. Has anybody ever seen this before? The IPD design has a lot more clearance.

Yeah, the 19mm bar on my wagon rubs on the diff bolt too.

--
alex

Back