• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

k cam

A

Anonymous

I was wondering if its nessecary to do a valve job before putting in a k cam i drive an 89 240 b230f with 119.000 miles, or is it ok if i just put it in and advance the timing by 5 or 6 degrees. So just wondering if there is anything that i really need to do in order to put this cam in or can i just put it in with no problems.

Thanks.....

awsome well i know what i'm doing tomorrow, also do i really need to advance my timing 5 or 6 degrees with an adj gear or can i still just drop it right in?

Thanks

Advanced 5-6 degrees is a lot better than straight up if you've got a 6,000rpm limiter. The powerband will extend beyond 6,000rpm even with it advanced, while at the same time widening the powerband 800-1,000rpm more at the low end.

does anyone know if you can advance a K cam 9 degrees? seems like the B cam has a lot of advance on the intake lobe, probably attributing to it's low end response?

harley

try it...if it works, it could be the easiest mod in the world. But you'd think if you could do 8 degrees, then 9 degrees is possible.

ive talked to alot of people and i asked about 10 people about advancing it nine degrees and 8 out of 10 said the top end would run out to soon and the other 2 said they werent sure.

So i never bother just got the adjustable gear.

For the turbo ford guys, a popular cam if the roller cam that cam in the 2.3L ranger. But yeah it's a truck cam- torquey. They commonly retard it 9 degrees. i'll install my K advanced a tooth and tell y'all how it goes.

Back