• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Replacing dented doors questions

mr brick driver

I have a black 1983 244 T+I it's a nice car except for the doors. The two drivers doors have creases and the paint is flacking off the top of the two pasenger side doors. I found a car in the junk yard with the same color of doors that I have that are in nice shape, but they have a pen stripe, where my car does not. I would be tempted to buy these doors and remove the pen stripe if I could. Is this crazy idea, or should I just fix my existing doors? I could get the new doors for about $100. Also, how difficult is it to alling the doors and balance to hang? Thanks for any information and happy bricking.

is the pinstripe painted on or a sticker? my 744 has sticker stripes, and i'm pretty sure theyre OEM. if they are stickers, just take a hairdryer or heatgun on the low setting, and start at the end of the stripe, and peel it up...then polish the entire door and give it a nice coat of wax

voila...like new door

oh, and re: hanging doors...youll definetly want a strong friend to help you with this, but aligniing shouldn't be too hard, and i would imagine you could do it yourself after the door is hung

Back