• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Performance Brake Pads v. Price

WeezilUSA

Ok, so I need new brake pads, and as always, the replacement will be an upgrade. I'm upgrading to the 11.25" rotors in front, stocks in rear. What brake pads should I use? My car is street driven daily, and will occasionally be seeing some track time. EBC green stuff came to mind, but it is so expensive. From Tire Rack at least. Anyone know a good source for them? Or how about the carbon pads that www.eurosporttuning.com sells? Any thoughts on those? They seem to be a better price. Other brands? Thanks! Also, how cheap can I get stainless braded lines for?

I just had KVR carbon-fiber/semi-mettalic pads installed on the front of my 240 along with ATE grooved PowerDisc rotors. I bought the pads from EST in Canada, mainly because my research told me this was the cheapest performance pad that I thought would be good for street & auto-X. I wanted a pad that stops well and resists fade after repeated hard use. Hawk, EBC Green, and Porterfield were 2-3 times more expensive than the KVR (for the 240).

My brakes were done Saturday, and so far I've put less than 100 easy miles on them, so I can't tell you how well they stop just yet. In a week or two I'll put them to the test.

I believe Philip Bradley used KVR pads and rotors on his 745 for MANY miles of trouble free use. I had heard good things about KVR in general, so that's why I gave them a try.

I have used pbr delux pads, and I smoked them, BAD> swiched to the pbr MetalMasters and havent had any probs. They have a much higher temp range so it takes a few stops to warm them up, but they are far superior to the delux pads IMHO. Although, when they get really hot they sound like the stock volvo pads... SQUEEK!

My friends recommend the Hawk pads but you will need to find a set that's compatible.

best,
Toby

Back