• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

780 glass sunroof

first off you linked to a crank scraper not a 780 sunroof.

second off 780 sunroofs just slide forward and back. the 760 moonroofs pop up and slide forward and back. if you linked to the right auction i might be able to give you more info. also if you tell us what exactly you're trying to do with a 780 sunroof you might be able to get more help.

neal

YOu can put the V90 or late 940 moonroof in a 940. I don't think the 760 got them, only post 94 940's had it as a rarer option, and post 95 960/S/V90 cars. I would guess that a 740 is the same, but I am not sure.

gecko said:
first off you linked to a crank scraper not a 780 sunroof.

second off 780 sunroofs just slide forward and back. the 760 moonroofs pop up and slide forward and back. if you linked to the right auction i might be able to give you more info. also if you tell us what exactly you're trying to do with a 780 sunroof you might be able to get more help.

neal

I dunno.. it was pretty clear to me what he wants to do with it.. perhaps you should have read his post ;)

Boosted2003 said:

You can do et. You will have too modify one of the clamps that holds the moonroof tray to the roof and you will have to change the cover to the sunroof motor. Take a look at mine . Just double check the measurements on the 780 roof and measure your opening .

Regards Todd
Feel free to drop me an email.

http://www.pbase.com/image/15318121

linuxman51 said:
[quote:583e6b6353="gecko"]first off you linked to a crank scraper not a 780 sunroof.

neal

I dunno.. it was pretty clear to me what he wants to do with it.. perhaps you should have read his post ;)[/quote:583e6b6353]

umm...yeah man i did read it. moonroof and sunroof are two totally different animals. therefore making a sunroof fit to a car meant for a moonroof could get slightly complicated. motor attachments, and mouting points to tray for example may need to be modified. what i meant specifically was whether he wanted moonroof or sunroof capabilities.

did you read the part where i explain that 780 and 760 sunroof and moonroof, respectively, operate in different ways?

neal

945ti said:
YOu can put the V90 or late 940 moonroof in a 940. I don't think the 760 got them, only post 94 940's had it as a rarer option, and post 95 960/S/V90 cars. I would guess that a 740 is the same, but I am not sure.

Incorrect my friend. I did loads of research on this topic a while ago. I measured the size and dimensions of the glass moonroof in a '98 V90, hoping it would fit in my '90 745Ti. It didn't. I then tried to see if it would fit in a 940 roof. It doesn't. Volvo, in their infinite wisdom to make the later year Volvos even safer than they already were, changed the entire roof on the late 940s and V/S90s. If you look at these cars side by side, you can actually see that the roofs are of an entirely different design. One positive side note however, is that the rain gutters are the same between the wagons and the sedans... so those parts WILL swap.

turbo16psi said:
http://www.pbase.com/image/15318121
Well MR choy can you explain this photo that I took of my car with MOONROOF installed

Well! First off, I must say that I am thoroughly impressed. Second, I stand corrected, if that is indeed a glass moonroof from the post-97 V/S90 vintage. Third, I believe that my measurements may have been slightly off... and so were my friends' who also took measurements for me down at his shop in CA. Finally, I'd like to have you put together an instruction for me to install my own. I have a line on a glass moonroof, tray, motor, cover, and all the hardware from a contact of mine. I may be able to get it for a good price. This is the same bloke who took the measurements for me, so I may surprise him with a phone call saying I actually do want the moonroof.

(You sure you didn't just fold your arms, and blink your eyes like Jeanie does on TV?)

Back