• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fitting 9x0 headliner in a 7x0??

V-Jet

Hi guys,

Thinking about a sunroof -> mooroof conversion on my 764, I did a search already and found some very comprehensive info by NChoy.

Anyway, there's just one last thing I want to make double sure - Will the entire headliner from a 900 series sedan fit in a 700 series sedan?? I somehow think that it won't fit because the 900 series sedan roof looks a bit taller and rounded than the 700 series sedan roof, but maybe the headliner still fits?....

Went to the wreckers today and found a late 960 with moonroof so I decided to go ahead with the conversion. Anyway there's just 2 more questions.

1. On the 740/760 the rear of the headliner is partly held in place by a long plastic strip between the headliner and top of rear window. But I noticed that the 940/960 headliner doesn't have this plastic strip. I assume that's because the rear of the 940/960 headliner is attached with 3 plastic clips instead of just 1 on the 740/760. My question is, would the plastic strip on the top of the rear window on my 760 still fit after I install a 960 headliner?

2. The 960 which I'm getting the moonroof out of also has black interior, the dash, seats... etc were all black. But somehow that headliner looks more grey to me than black. Did Volvo changed the black in the late 960 to more of a greyish black? Or was it just grey because it's collected tons of dust from sitting in the junkyard?

V-Jet said:
Went to the wreckers today and found a late 960 with moonroof so I decided to go ahead with the conversion. Anyway there's just 2 more questions.

1. On the 740/760 the rear of the headliner is partly held in place by a long plastic strip between the headliner and top of rear window. But I noticed that the 940/960 headliner doesn't have this plastic strip. I assume that's because the rear of the 940/960 headliner is attached with 3 plastic clips instead of just 1 on the 740/760. My question is, would the plastic strip on the top of the rear window on my 760 still fit after I install a 960 headliner?

2. The 960 which I'm getting the moonroof out of also has black interior, the dash, seats... etc were all black. But somehow that headliner looks more grey to me than black. Did Volvo changed the black in the late 960 to more of a greyish black? Or was it just grey because it's collected tons of dust from sitting in the junkyard?

The main interior color and the headliner color are generaly different in most volvo 7xx/9xx
for instance my 940 has black leather seats, black trim and black trim highlights and a ivory headliner.....:???:

Tiebird said:
The main interior color and the headliner color are generaly different in most volvo 7xx/9xx
for instance my 940 has black leather seats, black trim and black trim highlights and a ivory headliner.....:???:
All the 740s & 940s came with ivory headliner, sunvisors & domelight, irrespective of interior colour. Only the 760s & 960s had colour matching headliner, sunvisors & domelight.

Tiebird said:
I thought the Red interior 740's got matching headliners etc....

They did. I've seen several 740s and 940s with grey or black interior with matching headliners...

Back