• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bass Note has arrived

Two245Turbos

Just got my Audiobahn 1200q sub today...Installed it in the bandpass box but still needs to be wired...When done, the 245 will be rockin' to a Kenwood-3022 rotating face head unit, Infinity 452i door speakers(4),
Hifonics 110x4 amp for the Infinity's, and a Punch 360 sub amp. The alarm will also have to protect all of this, plus I'm still looking for a rear cargo cover so the sub isn't visible... Sorry for the large file...

1058840112.jpg

1058840122.jpg

What was the price on that sub? I am thinking about making a box that follows the slope of the rear seat back on my wagon.. and getting a black carpet cover coverup the speaker and the box to make it blend in :x:

woah! That thing looks cool! It should pump too!

I have 2 JL 10's powered by a Planet Audio 1500 watt amp and Eclipse seperates and a Alpine deck. I know how you feel when it all goes in, you just want to fill the tank grab the CD's and cruse for 5 hours! :-D

With all of this equipment going in, how does the charging system in the 240's hold up powering this stuff? Bigger alt?... Any info is appreciated...

others may disagree, but I recommend installing a (large) capacitor in between your battery and amp. the alternators on these cars are pretty hefty, but they don't enjoy the sudden power drain caused by a big amp.
I have a fosgate (old school) punch 100 amp and it causes a noticeable drain on the alternator. I doubt if this is healthy.

after all, a capacitor is less expensive than a new alternator :)

-justin

jesus....i wish i had a small fortune to dump into my stereo....that must be about $2000 worth of audio components...you're a lucky man, enjoy.

i have had 2 audiobahn alum12 in my trunk in my wagon for a few years now. with an poweracoustik amp running like 400 rms to each. I haven't had any problem with alternator but capacitors will always help and cant hurt. I have always wanted to add a 1 farad cap to mine but i have gone towards performance and away from audio so i need to save my money :badboy:

how much do you like the sound of yall's audiobahns? because that is about the only direction i am wanting to go on subs. they are loud and high quality, i want some. both of you guys here running the audiobahns....are they 12's? i am wanting to do 10's, because i know they will work just as good, i also like the bandpass boxes, i know they are UBER loud. and suggestions?

matt.

wally world sells farads if you feel the need for a fire extinguisher mounted next to your beats ;)

I would highly recomend Cerwin Vega's. They really pump (atleast my friends do) but they might be pricey.

What ever you do get a cast basket sub, Stamped steel ones dont put out as good of sound. Ohh and if you have the room make a ported box, they take less power then a sealed on to make the same db.

i like the audiobahn sound, it sounds real nice, no complaints really, i run mine at 3 ohms my friend ran his at 1.5 ohms and they were so loud i could here the music, btw go with a sealed box the sound quality is much tighter.

This is the 12" 700w RMS 1200w peak sub...Thick cast aluminum basket....Flexing? NOT!.....

I've heard before, that if you make a box that goes against the back of the rear seat, and if you have tinted windows with it, it is almost impossible to tell that there is a sub there. As for that bandpass box, well, that might be easier to see. I've got a cargo cover that I'm not going to use, it was from an early 80's 245, which would be perfect for an 83/84. It's in good shape if you're interested.

Greg

my dad has two 12's on 800watts in his '75 242, he has 800watts on 2 12's in his 84 240 wagon, and i have 2 12's on 800 watts in my 760... none of our lights dim, nor to the rpms change, it's nice

Back