• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

yes msns-e runs!!!...then cuts out

jimjawz

Hello. Just got my msns-e to run in my 88 245+t. (thanks Kenny) Now when ever it starts to boost, it totally cuts out. It revs up nice but if you feed-it-speed it runs good for about 2 seconds and then nothing. I think it is boost related. Maybe its timing. I was wondering if I am going through those rookie blues or is this an easy fix. Thanks in advance.

jimjawz said:
Hello. Just got my msns-e to run in my 88 245+t. (thanks Kenny) Now when ever it starts to boost, it totally cuts out. It revs up nice but if you feed-it-speed it runs good for about 2 seconds and then nothing. I think it is boost related. Maybe its timing. I was wondering if I am going through those rookie blues or is this an easy fix. Thanks in advance.

just keep at it and remember:

stay retarded and rich until you really know what youre doing

(you have a wideband? if not, open your wastegate until you figure it out in more detail)

Start small and work from there. You should be able to get your WG set to 5psi or less. You should be fine with almost zero timing retard at that level. I'm guessing too rich.

its probably too rich, the map was setup conservative for greentops and hes running browntops. I told him to take a bit off the req fuel to get it to idle alright, but its probably still firehosing inboost.

I just noticed that when it does it my mega tach stays accurate and my real tach drops to 1000 rpm only while it is cutting out... wtf?? Is this in the mega squirt or is it in the coil??

check the ground for the ignition module, if that doesnt fix it, try running a dedicated +12v to the + side of the coil, but also misfiring will result in a bad tach reading on the dash if you're reading from the - coil

Yes. Thank you sir. Its way wierd because the dash tach just drops to 1000 exactly and stays the whole time that its cutting out. but as soon as i through in the clutch it comes back.:???:

Plus my coolant gauge on megatune jumps up down like crazy. I tried doing a dedicated 12 volts to the coil and properly timed it according to the setting up page. Like clock work, it will cut out at any rpm and my tach on th dash just drops. But now instead of 1000 rpm it falls to 2000 rpm??? Is it the 139 module ??? Any comment is welcome.

Back