• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

JetHot Coating... volvet

Dug strickler

Mr $ bags(but not really)
300+ Club
Between Harrisburg, Hershey & Lancaster PA
Some new pics of the Volvette......... again. Lots of new parts and stuff going on, I may keep it on the down low untill its finished only to keep you guys wondering. I will just tell you this, VERY VERY SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2196921/2
2196921_67_full.jpg

2196921_69_full.jpg

Nice man! I saw your post on LS1tech a month or so ago and I was very impressed. I've thought about selling my Camaro to do an LQ4 turbo swap but I just don't know if it would be worth it.. Keep up the AWESOME work!

man u ruined TBricks... Tbricks was founded and based on poor volvo tuners with a yearning for speed, most of their tuning involved zipties or jb weld or some type of house hold object... where are you zipties? and why is your engine not leaking oil? and why are u making substantial horsepower?

i guess the answer is because you can! nice work hopefully you will be able to work with primarily volvo motors in your volvos in the future

project volvo said:
man u ruined TBricks... Tbricks was founded and based on poor volvo tuners with a yearning for speed, most of their tuning involved zipties or jb weld or some type of house hold object... where are you zipties? and why is your engine not leaking oil? and why are u making substantial horsepower?

Well, you don't speak for me sir. I may not be making that much power, but I try to avoid the ghetto.

I think it's time for a real web page. For some reason, anything from cardomain doesn't show up for me.

you live in harrisburg? i will be there this august for my cousins wedding who lives in harrisburg. (i normally go back every 2 years to see my entire family on my moms side.) id like to check this car out when i get back there, assuming its done by then.

Awwwwww.... As dissapointing as it is that the gorgeous stainless is covered up, that does look nice and will look nice once its run. Right on...

Ben

Sweet man... Can't wait to see the car!

Are you going to do something about the plastic covers that go over the valve covers? They look kinda nasty.

Heat coating is the sh!t, but heat wrapping is even better then heat coating, however we have black heat coating by HPC in Vic on our hovercraft and it's done wonders.

Vee_Que said:
Heat coating is the sh!t, but heat wrapping is even better then heat coating, however we have black heat coating by HPC in Vic on our hovercraft and it's done wonders.

On a daily driven car (that may be used on some short trips), it is possible for heat wrapping to retain moisture and encourage rust. Heat coating does not have this disadvantage.

Neil Peart said:
what management are you using again? comp on the motor? desired boost?

With LS and LT based GM motors the factory computer system is almost always adequate for tuning. With the proper programs(like LSEdit, HPTuners, blah blah) you have even more control over the car than you would/could with something like MegaSquirt. And it's alot more complicated than just "remapping for desired boost"... but that's the basic idea.

Only reason I know this is because the shop I work for specializes in GM tuning (f-bodies, vettes, gto's, etc.) :)

pwschuh said:
On a daily driven car (that may be used on some short trips), it is possible for heat wrapping to retain moisture and encourage rust. Heat coating does not have this disadvantage.
and the wrapping stuff works like a sponge for oil...

JW240 said:
and the wrapping stuff works like a sponge for oil...

Which is precisely the reason I'm curious about the cost of heat coating. I have a wrapped dp...

dp4.jpg

...but get scared thinking about the "what if's" should a good bit of oil get into during the heat of the upcoming summer.

Back