• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pics of my ratty 122, hope these work.

FlatWagon83

This is also my first time experimenting with putting pics up for the first time, so forgive me if this doesn't work for a while.

Cool, I got it to work! This is when I took it to put in storage last fall, all loaded up with spares. Can't wait to get it back out again!

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0022-1.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

Last edited:
I went to the Junkyard in orlando yesterday and saw an amazon wagon, was so pissed that i couldnt haul it off the lot. I took its hubcaps though. I'm going to polish them up and put them on my wall.

Mike

Wow, it's twin looks really good! I wish the body on mine looked that solid...

Plans? Well, I don't know, I'm all over the place. Some days, I want to build a really bad ass B20 for it and go all out with Webers, header, major head work, T5, things like that. Other days, I'm happy to get it in and not have to worry about it at all and just enjoy the basic bare necessities it has. It's just a 4-speed, B18 (did a little headwork when I replaced the headgasket), stock SUs and ignition. I love it this way and love how reliable it is! It fires up so fast, and idles so smooth. I found a Saab 99 sport exhaust laying around the shop I used to work at and put that on in September, but before I did, you could barely tell it was running as it was so quiet.

Regardless of where it ends up, it will get some widened steelies and a paint job of some type. It has been lowered quite a bit, the bump stops are touching in the front, and the rear has been brought down about as much as it can go. It wasn't long before I had to really mess with the camber in the front and go full poly on all the bushings.

FlatWagon83 said:
Wow, it's twin looks really good! I wish the body on mine looked that solid...
It looks good from that distance. The body is nice and straight. The rockers are toast. The floors on the driver side are rusting away. This year it's getting all the mechanicals done. Next year I might get at the body, if I don't find a rust-free shell in the meantime...

It'll look substantially different when it rolls out of the garage this spring. 17"wheels, lowered, and some other stuff that might not be so obvious. I'm sure lots of pictures will accompany its unveiling....

Care to give a hint as to what kind of wheels you'll be running? I'm going much wider, but probably sticking with 15" unless I find some nice 16" steel rims that have a nice dish.

I got this one really cheap, and the body is good for what I paid. However, there's some really strange stuff going on with the inner fenders, the PO put body filler all over them, and I hate to think of what's underneath. If it's really bad, this thing will probably remain a parts runner/daily driver.

FlatWagon83 said:
Care to give a hint as to what kind of wheels you'll be running? I'm going much wider, but probably sticking with 15" unless I find some nice 16" steel rims that have a nice dish.

I got this one really cheap, and the body is good for what I paid. However, there's some really strange stuff going on with the inner fenders, the PO put body filler all over them, and I hate to think of what's underneath. If it's really bad, this thing will probably remain a parts runner/daily driver.
The wheels are ADR Formula 5 17X7. I'll be running 215/45 Hankook K106 rubber on them.

View attachment 1836

I need them to clear the brakes I'll be running on the front...:badboy:

Last edited:
Alright, enough hinting around here, just fess up to it all, what are the big plans? I noticed one in another thread where you were talking about Wilwood conversions and such, what gives? I thought I was really cool for grabbing a 140 booster and coming up with a plan to fit that to mine, but clearly you've got bigger ideas!

FlatWagon83 said:
Alright, enough hinting around here, just fess up to it all, what are the big plans? I noticed one in another thread where you were talking about Wilwood conversions and such, what gives? I thought I was really cool for grabbing a 140 booster and coming up with a plan to fit that to mine, but clearly you've got bigger ideas!
:lol:

Yeah...John's comment about my NASCAR 122s isn't too far off in some regards. I'll be running Wilwood 11.75" X 1.25" vented rotors up front with Wilwood 4-piston Forged Billet Superlite calipers. Brake lines will all be braided stainless. Rotor hats, for sure, and possibly the entire front hub assembly will be billet aluminum as will the caliper adapter brackets. It'll get a Wilwood master cylinder and could possibly get a set of Wilwood pedals with dual master cylinders with a brake bias adjustment bar. BTW...the Wilwood clutch master cylinder is the same unit as the Volvo one...:badboy:

It's getting a 240 rear end with a Detroit Tru-Trac as well as a B20E that will be MS'd with EDIS. I've got a header and M41 tranny as well as lowering springs and Bilstein HD's for all 4 corners. I've also got a set of vintage Koni Adjustables for the front if the Billy's aren't quite right. Of course, it'll have a set of IPD swaybars on it and full poly bushings...

But this is your thread, not mine. Once I get a little further into it, I'll be posting some updates...

lol another guy in Calgary has a red 122 as well (other than Dale)...but no money right now to fix it up

they're taking over...:eek:

:-P

ciao

245gti said:
:lol:

Yeah...John's comment about my NASCAR 122s isn't too far off in some regards. I'll be running Wilwood 11.75" X 1.25" vented rotors up front with Wilwood 4-piston Forged Billet Superlite calipers. Brake lines will all be braided stainless. Rotor hats, for sure, and possibly the entire front hub assembly will be billet aluminum as will the caliper adapter brackets. It'll get a Wilwood master cylinder and could possibly get a set of Wilwood pedals with dual master cylinders with a brake bias adjustment bar. BTW...the Wilwood clutch master cylinder is the same unit as the Volvo one...:badboy:

It's getting a 240 rear end with a Detroit Tru-Trac as well as a B20E that will be MS'd with EDIS. I've got a header and M41 tranny as well as lowering springs and Bilstein HD's for all 4 corners. I've also got a set of vintage Koni Adjustables for the front if the Billy's aren't quite right. Of course, it'll have a set of IPD swaybars on it and full poly bushings...

But this is your thread, not mine. Once I get a little further into it, I'll be posting some updates...

I'm assuming you mean JohnMC, I love his 544, truly a cool car. I saw it at the KC meet last fall. Please do update when you have some more updates and, hopefully, some pics. I'm very interested in seeing the 240 rear adapted, as I've considered the late 1800 rear for this guy. I would like to keep everything very simple and aimed at fun performance that I can enjoy every day. I went with the steel braided lines all around as well, in addition to bending all new lines for the rest of the car and doing the dual master cylinder kit that ipd offers. It's really a nice piece, and I was really happy I had it whenever I was driving through a construction zone or anywhere else with the potential of tearing a line. Didn't really make any difference in braking power though. Hopefully the booster helps with that once it's in.

vw hoodride...volvo style. keep the paint like it is. drop the it till its near dragging and throw some fat white walls on it.

mmmmm love the car.

Josh

Back