• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

A good buy....or something fishy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orfeo

(Note: anyone who is desperately looking for a 240, AVERT YE EYES!)

I saw this poor little 240 Classic on Ebay Motors, and I was thinking about getting it as a project car. The good thing is that the price is low....but, of course...there's a reason for that. the pics of the drivers side tell all.

My question is this: does it look, at least from these pics, that there is a serious chance of frame damage? Because if there is, I think I'll pass. From what I can see, it doesnt look too bad though, and maybe it only needs new drivers side doors and fenders. What say you TBers? :???:

Last edited by a moderator:
B pillar is fubar'd. It would be easily fixed by someone who knows what to do.

Maybe a salvage title though, so...

if its got a clean title and you can get it for fairly cheap, it could be a good deal. hope you know a good/honest body man.

yeah, I'd just have a body guy do the pillar stuff, and you can go to the JY and get new doors. It shouldn't cost you more than 1000-1500, which isn't that much considering how much 1993 classics go for...

acbarnett said:
yeah, I'd just have a body guy do the pillar stuff, and you can go to the JY and get new doors. It shouldn't cost you more than 1000-1500, which isn't that much considering how much 1993 classics go for...

Music to my ears.

Also, thanks to the others who chipped in...I hope I can get my hands on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back