• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Early 140 GT Grill

hudson

I finally found an early 140 GT Grill. I had to bend the budget a bit to get it since I just got a new 2005 Dakota (another story). One of my 140s will look real sharp with this on it when one of them gets back on the road (another story).

25354138_1.jpg

BrickBaller said:
Nice find - be sure to post pics when you get it installed!

I've been looking for one for years. I've got 2 GT grills from the 72ish era, the 3 piece steel kind, but have always wanted the earlier styled one.

That's quite some time away. Super busy with lots of other things at the moment. I'm a landlord with university students (I'm on my second peice of paper atm), so the next few months are hectic.. after that I start working as a Construction inspector and have a lot of house work to do, plus my girlfriend and I are looking at getting a pup this spring.. so doesn't leave much time for major car stuff. That being said I've got all the goodies to mount it already.. really nice chrome Marchal lamps are sitting on a shelf not far from here.

Just out of interest ... did they ever produce a GT-type grille for the 73-74 style front ?

fidel said:
yes, this one

http://www.pbase.com/flynbrick/image/57009181

been looking for one for years, havent found one yet. thinking about putting 5" round ones in the grill i have . i like the look of the round ones better anyway.

Fidel, I saw one for sale a while ago.. it's gone now though.. I come across them every ONCE in a WHILE.. next time I do I will let you know though.

AC Barnet:

My buddy likes those better as well.. but I like the look of the earlier grill and without a doubt the GT version is the rarest of all styles. I like it because it's got a real 60's look to it and has 4 round lights.. which makes it more balanced and mean looking in my opinion.

Back