• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

S60r calipers vs. Evo 8 Calipers (pictures)

shaved240

I dont know if anyone one else ever wondered if the evo8 calipers are the same as the volvo s60r, well there different. The evo 8 caliper is actually bigger than the volvo s60r although the s60r has bigger stock rotors versus the evo 8 rotors. As you can tell from the pictures, the mounting location is also very different too. thought you guys might be interested.

DSC00989.jpg

DSC00988.jpg

DSC00985.jpg

DSC00982.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

*edit: Yeah what he said^^
Sooo... in that case, is the distance between bolt holes in the Evo8 caliper enough to overcome <a href="http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=690263&postcount=8" target=_blank>this</a> problem?
Or does the cost of such a caliper mean that maybe you're better off with Willwoods?

igor said:
*edit: Yeah what he said^^
Sooo... in that case, is the distance between bolt holes in the Evo8 caliper enough to overcome <a href="http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=690263&postcount=8" target=_blank>this</a> problem?
Or does the cost of such a caliper mean that maybe you're better off with Willwoods?

ok, forgive the ****ty paint drawing but what if you make an adapter like this?

100_2274-1.JPG

if that makes any sense at all. the caliper bolts to the two "crooked" holes. I've seen adapters made like that before, so why wouldn't work now?

hey justin are my glasses in your car,lol thats the last place i left them if i rechkon. i should make you some brackets so you can run those on you car as well. look to b VERY simple setup.

When I was researching the differences between those two calipers a couple years ago preparing for the conversion on my 245, the info I had was the pads were the same between the two. Is this still the case? I have been hoping that some additional aftermarket pad makers (like Mintex) would start making pads for the Evo, so I would have a choice other than stock or Green Stuff. Anyone know if these exist yet?
Dave B.

Last edited:
dbarton said:
When I was researching the differences between those two calipers a couple years ago preparing for the conversion on my 245, the info I has was the pads were the same between the two. Is this still the case? I have been hoping that some additional aftermarket pad makers (like Mintex) would start making pads for the Evo, so I would have a choice other than stock or Green Stuff. Anyone know if these exist yet?
Dave B.
yea there are better pads for the evos, i know my buddy and his wife put after market ones on theres.

So does anybody know if there are differences in the diameters of the pistons between the Evo 8 Brembos and the S60R Brembos?

frostburner said:
hey justin are my glasses in your car,lol thats the last place i left them if i rechkon. i should make you some brackets so you can run those on you car as well. look to b VERY simple setup.

yea the glasses are on my rear valance. You can stop by maybe sunday when I get back from san fran

dbarton said:
When I was researching the differences between those two calipers a couple years ago preparing for the conversion on my 245, the info I has was the pads were the same between the two. Is this still the case? I have been hoping that some additional aftermarket pad makers (like Mintex) would start making pads for the Evo, so I would have a choice other than stock or Green Stuff. Anyone know if these exist yet?
Dave B.

Yea I've heard too that the pads are swappable between the s60r and the evo 8 calipers. Makes it alot cheaper and a better alternative to grab some pads off ebay for the s60r
from either the evo or the sti

I still can't believe you got those at the local yard. Ecology or Pick Your Part? What was it....5 Evos all on top of each other going to the crusher? Lucky bastard!

Back