• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

nchoys 745R (sorry nick)

reeferman

broad member
ouch14gy.jpg

ouch26oa.jpg

ouch36zc.jpg

it was a sad night.

Tony,
I split off at the 84 i5 interchange the only place he would have crossed the river would have been like 30 seconds later!!!!!

That sucks major balls......If that is the place that would be the 4th car I know of that has spun out right there....and hit the wall..

Is Nick ok?

Holy ****, that sucks. It seems like a **** ton of work went into that car. Good luck in whatever happens.

The car is very well F'd. I was behind Nick by a little bit, and our friend was in between us. It was a sweeping right, slight uphill, hander leading onto the part that actually crosses the river. I'll assume it was a combination of having crappier tires on the back(than the front), not a neutral suspension setup, and an expansion joint(maybe the bumps/lines on the road for the lane seperation as well?). Spun a couple times and kept it off the wall for them, and then I guess the third spin or so, hit the inside of the bridge, and by the time I saw him, he was still spinning in the middle of the highway.

When I saw him spinning in the middle surrounded by tire smoke, I thought he had managed to keep it off the wall. As soon as we got to the top of the bridge though we pulled over to the side for a second and I saw that his hood was up. He got out, popped the hood down, and we drove to the V Shop, at 75+mph... With the hood up, looking out the window... Managed to make it to the V Shop exit without further incident, and then driving up the hill to the V shop, it was smoking really badly, sputtering, and couldn't go more than 10-15 mph. While assessing the damage at the shop, a couple of cops rolled up, but I think we managed to escape without any trouble from them.

Nick, we love you man, and definitely feel a whole hell of a deal for you. Especially those of use who helped put in a minute or many hours into making that thing what it was last night. Best Volvo 745 PERIOD outside of Sweden and Norway.

Now, it appears you'll have some funds and an excuse to get a nice jump start on the next project. At least you basically got to see this one finished, and so did everyone else. Let us know what we can do to help, you know we will.

BTW: A ton of work into this car is a massive understatement.

Back