• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New intercooler (and pics of the intake on the 940)

linuxman51

Railspeeder Enthusiast #1
300+ Club
so yea new pic time, one old mod, one new one.

first the intercooler cause i'm sure noone cares about the 940. i know i dont.

so we're starting with this:
59273232.jpg

what intercooler?
59745408.jpg

the overall effect:
59745406.jpg

Cold side piping:
59745404.jpg

hot side piping:
59745407.jpg

side view of where it went:
59745405.jpg

and the only side effect (hehe):
59745409.jpg

now for the misc 940 stuff:

the bay at 9am:
59745453.jpg

spy shot of the intake:
59745454.jpg

and a little better one
59745455.jpg

and the 940, rollin dirty (they caught me):

and of course the shoutouts: well one shoutout to boosted12a who took it upon himself to finish the intercooler piping and take off the rest of the a/c while I ran dinner over to granddad's...

and for showing up with a plethra of nuts and bolts.. its like this guy has all the oddball **** you need when working on your car. You VA people are missing out. too bad his 780 is a second and a half slower than the 960

yea, well...its faster that an n/a 240....... it think i would have done better id i didnt have the massive exhaust problem. i do seem to remember the only 19+ pass it made.....

RvolvoR said:
i hear the hustle is good, but hows the flow on that thing?

who knows, i got it cause its blingin'

.....I dont know, things were getting restrictive around 1 bar, so I replaced the more easily replaceable part first, intake manifold is next (hell I expect an increase in power just from consistency of tune with a new intake manifold, the stock 16v manifold is horrible).
at the same time i'm going to be boxing and beefing the rest of the rear suspension, getting an adjustable panhard rod, and making sure things will stay where I want them when the slicks go on the car.

The car is definitly smoother with the new intercooler, seems to spool up a little quicker, can't comment on top end because, as stated earlier in the thread, the ignition on the car is pure garbage, you can hear the missed spark events out the tailpipe. the distributor must go.

i aint sayin do that and call it quits, just untill you get a real ignition.....i can have one sent down here for ya at the right price.......

Back