• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Git down, wagon!

isaac

The Isaac
Ve just dropped it like it vas hottt.

Up
medium.jpg

Down
medium.jpg

medium.jpg

I cut the springs up front (oh the horrors!) today using a hacksaw and some rusty vise grips. I broke my left hand but, 7 hours later, the car is slammed.

Soon to be lowered maybe an inch in the back. I'm more trepidatious about that one because those springs can't handle anything for load. If two people sit in the back seat, that thing's down 2".

There are supposed to be three pictures in this post but Pbase keeps screwing up and will alternate displaying one, two, or three for me each time I refresh this page. I dunno what the hell that's about.

Last edited:
downpipe perilously close to draggin'

so when's big nasty hittin the track again?

isaac said:
There are supposed to be three pictures in this post but Pbase keeps screwing up and will alternate displaying one, two, or three for me each time I refresh this page. I dunno what the hell that's about.

grizlyadams said:
Your hosting is wank, pics work sometimes, then i get red x's when refreshing, get decent hosting.
Griz

Kenny, I dunno when I'm goin to the track again. I got the surge issue taken care of by basically using my fuel map, some enrichment, and your spark map.

The BIG problem is the clutch is slipping pretty badly. Something must have gone wrong on the install. Adjusted so I barely crunch going into gear, I have the grip force equivalent of two greasy pizzas as clutch components. It's really bad, and there's no way to adjust my way out of it.

So that means I need another clutch, and I'm at that huge impasse where I either do the tranny swap now to a T5 or Getrag, or buy a clutch kit for the doomed M46. I dunno what to do about that.

isaac said:
So that means I need another clutch, and I'm at that huge impasse where I either do the tranny swap now to a T5 or Getrag, or buy a clutch kit for the doomed M46. I dunno what to do about that.

holy ****! Isaac is contemplating spending money, the world is changing!!!! run for your lives,

quick send in the lolsroyce

Alright damnit, since nobody took the ruse:

No I didn't cut it with a rusty hacksaw and vise grips, break my hand, or take 7 hours to do it.

I clamped three coils of the spring, which took most of the tension out, used an angle grinder to take 2 coils out of the left side and 2.5 coils out of the right, and then let the tension bang them free. There wasn't much pressure there so it didn't seem dangerous. It took me less than an hour to do both sides combined, and dropped the car about 2". I cut more off the right side because the left side sagged more, and it came out almost even. If anything I needed to cut another 1/8 of a coil off the right.

Muchhh better! How does it handle for you?

When I cut the springs in my other 242 I loved the way it looked and handled after (regardless if it technically made it better or worse). It felt that much better to drive and that's what mattered to me.

Anyways, one less jacked up 240 makes me happy.

Thanks to all and such.

I slammed the rear today. I'd say the 1.5 coils I cut gave me maybe 1.25" drop or so. It looks pretty damn smooth now. There's still a slight forward rake, but it's not as pronounced. I can't seem to take a picture that makes it look low though, so I am perplexed. In person this thing looks like it's on the ground.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Last edited:
isaac said:
Thanks to all and such.

I slammed the rear today. I'd say the 1.5 coils I cut gave me maybe 1.25" drop or so. It looks pretty damn smooth now. There's still a slight forward rake, but it's not as pronounced. I can't seem to take a picture that makes it look low though, so I am perplexed. In person this thing looks like it's on the ground.
It's the "small" wheels and tires. Looks great though! A tad bit of rake is good though, especially if you want to carry things/people around. My car's currently too low in the back and it HAS a bit of rake still, cut wagon springs should help.

medium.jpg

That's CLEAN! Looks great with the cleanness, drop and bumpers.

Back