• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

racing dash

reeferman

broad member
dash25qw.jpg

blkaplan said:
heat gun and scraper, should take 30 minutes

I think this makes more of a mess then cold chiseling the **** out by far. On top of that my heat gun died probably 10 minutes in. I did it with a hammer and a really large chisel. Later realized I was a fool and should have air chiseled while I was cutting the floor out of a 740 with phillip bradley. with the air chisel the stuff was just about leaping off the sheet metal. :e-shrug:

klr142 said:
Is/was that BabyBlue?!?!

You're not talking about Jamaal's babyblue right? If so, it can't be since the one Tony posted has the older model dash...

Heat gun and scraper, works wonders and it doesn't make it terribly messy if you do it right. The heat gun loosens up the adhesive backing, it does not melt the tar material unless you overheat it. I got all of it out of my 240 that way without issue, it was like 12lbs for the entire car so the poor person you pay will definitely get f'd in the a on that deal.

Inc3pt said:
You're not talking about Jamaal's babyblue right? If so, it can't be since the one Tony posted has the older model dash...
Ok, good. Yes, that's the one I was talking about, I saw the color and got worried...

Back