• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbo Oil Drain pipe

BrickFixer

I, once again, am needing to replace that o-ring that goes between the turbo oil drain pipe and the block. I am wondering though, could I just use a pipe cutter, cut a section of the pipe out and replavce it with heavy duty rubber hose?? This would make replacement of the o-ring very easy as I finagled with the pipe for about 3 hours to get it to fit in the hole on the block correctly.

If anyone has any hints or suggestions, let me know.

Thanks
-Alan

I have had the opportunity :oops: to fix leaks here several times. First, clean around the pipe really good. Take off oil filter, remove actuator, this gives u some room to work. Remove pipe, put new o ring on pipe and wiggle it in the hole. This is the intuitive part, as there is a correct feel to the fit. Do not put it in too far and then try to pull it out, only far enough for the hook up. Place new gasket at top, and re-bolt. It's a little tricky, but use a knuckle with a 13 mm socket to tighten. You can also remove the O2 sensor for more room. good luck... it's easier the next time!

I cut my pipe and fixed it in there a la Stu Spencer with POR 15 2-part epoxy paste. So far so good. I got the hose which is heat and oil rated. It's steel braided and rubberized.

Rene

Check out Stu Spencer's site for a great fix to this common problem. Stu JB Welded a short piece of tubing stock in the hole. He trimmed 2 inches of the turbo pipe. The stub from the block is connected to the turbo via a aeroquip coupling. He did a very nice job!

Back