• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

what do i do to make this work?

i just finished popping the lug nut cover (hubcap, whatever you wanna call it) off my rear driver side wheel.

I saw no ET number anywhere on the rim or in the hub area.

i did however see a 'number' 6jx15x25 would that be 6j as the wheel type code 15 as the diameter (the are 15inch rims) and 25 as the offset in milimeters? if 25 is not the offset what would that number be?

there were other numbers on teh thing but they were all much less the obviously meaningful code and more so a random volvo use only alpha numeric thingamajig.

anyhoo, im sure my next question has been answered before somewhere on this page but ill ask it here and look for an answer else where while i wait for one here. question is. lets say i have a hypothetical stock offset of 20mm I want to put wheels on my car that come with 38mm offset. what do i do to make this work?

Last edited:
wow, 4yrs thread bump.

dude, #1 suggestion, use the search function, you can find more than enough information.

6Jx15x25 simply means the wheels are 6 " wide, 15" in dia. 25mm offset.

if you want to run 38mm offset, which is normal aftermarket wheels for fwd Volvos, you have to use spacers. As how big of spacers to use, you have to see how you want it to look, and you can order from 245GTI (or along the lines) here, or H&R, or any other shops out there that can make spacers.

first search is how i found this thread.

second, i did additional reading and found out spacers are the key, and you just make them as big as you want for as wide as you want your wheels. if you desire them to stick out no more than stock you take offset of new wheels if>stock and subtract from it stock to get the spacer size. (please be kind enough to correct me if im wrong)

and im also aware that when going with something with dimesions exeeding original, i need to be aware of all sorts of dimensions.

Edit: oh uhhhh also about the 6j, my tires are 195, doesnt that mean they're like 7.5inches wide? how do you get a 6inch wide wheel with 7.5inch tires? I'm tryin not to be a total nub but everyone needs to start somewhere and as i think ill be adding to a signature, im mildly allergic to the search function due to the tendency to search hours and still not find an adequate answer.

edit to the edit: stupid just woke up when i posted that... obviously tires can be wider thhan the rim.

Last edited:
Hank Scorpio said:
I'd love a set of OZ's wheel's for my brick.

And 4 years later, I'm trying to talk you into it. Buy the damn Virgos already you lazy benchrimbuyer! :-P

are there any companies that make replacement hubs for volvo's to convert to 5 x 4.5??

i have a nissan 240sx and it has a 4 x 4.5 pattern. several companies are now producing hub conversions so the car can run 5 x 4.5 which will increase the wheel selection dramatically.

i've only had my 81 242 ti a couple of weeks so i'm still finding out new stuff averyday.

eddiec said:
are there any companies that make replacement hubs for volvo's to convert to 5 x 4.5??

i have a nissan 240sx and it has a 4 x 4.5 pattern. several companies are now producing hub conversions so the car can run 5 x 4.5 which will increase the wheel selection dramatically.

i've only had my 81 242 ti a couple of weeks so i'm still finding out new stuff averyday.

search for "spacer adapter"

Back