• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 740 Estate

James_N

Some will of seen this car already but since i signed up here too, I thought i'd post it here :D

Cost me £100 - all I had to do was put 2 new front tyres on for the MOT, and it passed no problem. Its the B230E engine and its done (at the time of posting here, 142k miles)

Picture%20002%20(Medium).jpg

Picture%20004%20(Medium).jpg

Picture%20005%20(Medium).jpg

Picture%20007%20(Medium).jpg

Picture%20009%20(Medium).jpg

Picture%20010%20(Medium).jpg

Picture%20012%20(Medium).jpg

Picture%20013%20(Medium).jpg

Picture%20014%20(Medium).jpg

Picture%20016%20(Medium).jpg

Picture%20017%20(Medium).jpg

Origional headlining, but starting to gain a few rips.

It was a bargain at £100. I was just going to rally it around the back roads for some fun of a weekend, but when i saw what good condition this car really was in when i washed it, i decieded to keep it and run it as my main car. I had it serviced and had the cambelt done just for precautions (it had been on the car 5 years anyway). Its got service history to around 130k. I got the car with 137k on the clock!

As said, i replaced the tyres, gave it a polish, and now ive ordered some clear lights for the corners, fixed the non working fuel gauge and thats about all thats been done to the car.

Its just completed a 1,200 mile round trip to France and back with no drama's.

No plans to mod the engine as im quite happy with it as it is. Im also very impressed by the interior, which looks like its hardly ever been sat in!

The only problem I have had is with some of the dash lights. I fitted spotlights to the car but decieded they looked wrong so took them off, and since then, the dash lights had a mind of their own. Strangley after I had my CD player fitted by the local garage, the dash lights have worked fine! Strange but still - they work now, and the dash lights have also been changed to bright blue ones. I'll get a pic later!

My mates thought I was mad selling my previous car and keeping this Volvo, but now they love it, and are amazed at the bulletproof engine it seems to have!

But I think you'll all agree, not bad for £100 :D

Hi James, Nice motor, I believe we've met.:-D

Would look good with an eggcrate grill:-P

That thing looks nice! Especially the interior. Great find. Love the CB.

"Looks like we got ourselves a convoy!"

Zeeall said:
i hate you...:grrr:

i also want a rust free 745 with leather interior for 100 pounds

well with the rust, maybe it will become 100 pounds :-P

Chris_R said:
That interior is worth 100 on its own!

I had a chap from Ireland email me to say he was looking for an interior like mine and had ?400 to spend!!!

I could of made a fair profit but as my car was in such perfect condition, I didnt break it.

+T it though!

It looks STUNNING! THat interior is in better condition then the one in my 264 which has had seatcovers on it's whole life.

Vee_Que said:
+T it though!

if you mean turbo it. I did debate it for a few seconds, but my mechanical knowledge is Zero. That and the fact that a turbo on a car as old as this kinda worries me. I see the turbo as one of the main things to go wrong if i was to have a turbo on a car this old.

Im willing to be corrected, and yes id love a turbo'ed 740, but id always worry when it was going to go :(

Nice motor. They are cheap, but ?100! bargain!
I may have a good mitsu 13c available when i get my 16T in i you want to +T it.

Hope to meet some of you sometime on a meet.

Bye for now.

Back