• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pic Request: 740T alternator bracket setup

holtzboy

Project Procrastinator
In my 1984 242Ti b21ft, I am going to be putting my alternator on the driver side with the 740 alternator bracket since my AC and PS are long gone. I was wondering if anyone had a closeup picture of how the alternator mounts to the big aluminum bracket. Its been a long time since I got the bracket so I forgot.

Thanks in advance!

Hope these help...

bracket16yz.jpg

bracket24mf.jpg

bracket39cb.jpg

Thanks a bunch! I was gonna create a new thread for it but I will just post the pics in here. Got my 240 Amp GM alternator at least in place. Needs to be aligned better so the belts last longer than 3 months! And I gotta tackle the wiring but I already asked about that awhile ago and got it mostly dialed in. On to the pics:

gm_alt.jpg

gm_alt2.jpg

gm_alt3.jpg

gm_alt4.jpg

The alt looks nice and cozy in there, leaves plenty of room for a biiiiiiiiiig turbo on the other side eh? :badboy: I've been thinking of throwing the alternator on that side too, good to know that the 740 bracket fits so well!

John

Yeah both my 242 and 244 run the 740 bracket driveside setup now. I ditched the 200 amp GM alternator though and am running 100 amp stock Volvo Denso alternators from 90+ 740/940 models. The GM didn't seem to spin fast enough at idle so the voltage would be goofy until I raised the rpms and the pulley spun faster. People told me to get a smaller pulley so the alt spun faster but I could never find a smaller one.

If you want the GM alt to mess with lemme know its been sitting around doing nothing and I'd like to get rid of it finally. I bought it from Matt Landon who I think used to own Pat's orange 242 so I think it makes it even more collectable/valuable!

a/c p/s delete.. alt. relocation.

0407082220.jpg

cut 940 alt/a/c bracket

it puts the alt in the location of the a/c comp.

0407082220a.jpg

0409080055.jpg

0409080056a.jpg

0409080058a.jpg

0409080058b.jpg

0412080609a.jpg

Back