• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New wheels

97GLT

These came in today:
P1010281.jpg

Neptunes I believe, 17x7 (7.5?), no curb rash, straight, offset at 49mm so I hope I don’t need spacers. I also ordered some anthracite paint a while back, so hopefully that will come soon.
P1010280.jpg

Ill put up some more pics when I actually get some tires on them (after that paint comes in). Now all I have to do is tint it and drop it. I was thinking Bilstein and Eibach, but Im open to suggestions

On a side note, anyone want a set of cetus? They've got brand new Nankang (195/60/R15) tires with less than 1000 miles on em. A bit of curb rash, but at the very least the tires are good.

edit
forgot the kicker: $300 shipped on ebay for all 4 neptunes!

Last edited:
yeh? I think theres a guy on tb who did this to his s70... Ill have to track him down

looks really good, the rims need more dish IMO but are pretty damn nice, wow volvo has some pretty good taste as far as OEM rims go

thanks everyone, you guys think getting a set from a machine shop would be the cheapest way, or what?

Im thinking about leaving the outside rim silver, and painting the spokes (and maybe the inside rim) anthracite. Anyone want to use complicatedshop on the first or second pic for me? You dont even want to know what my mspaint ending up looking like

97GLT said:
thanks everyone, you guys think getting a set from a machine shop would be the cheapest way, or what?

Im thinking about leaving the outside rim silver, and painting the spokes (and maybe the inside rim) anthracite. Anyone want to use complicatedshop on the first or second pic for me? You dont even want to know what my mspaint ending up looking like
Don't do the polished lip thing... it's kind-of played out. All gunmetal or bronze would be my opinion but do what you want.

I dont like how the lug pattern dosent line up with the "flow" of the wheel. but id use um if I had them. GL

Mesoam said:
where in CT, you missed out on our BBQ...like the wheels

The one at New England Dragway? I had work and some other sht to do. If there was another one, well, damn, sorry for missing it. Ill have to check the "events" section more often.

Seems like the running consensus is no polished lip, so all anthracite it is

Someone wanna PS what bronze would look like? Im skeptical, maybe a visual would help

Back