• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New Retro Style 240

Hot or Not???

• Hot

Votes: 51 54.8%
  • Not

Votes: 42 45.2%

• Total voters

CHESH740R

lacking enthusiam
volvoretro.jpg

This is a 'drawing' of one of the readers of the dutch 'Auto Week' magazine.

The article says that the reader liked the way Volvo is working on its prototypes, but he thought that they lacked some emotion. That's why he proposed this drawing, based on the new Ford Mustang.
Because Volvo now is owned by Ford, he thinks it should be possible to build a prototype build on this basis. Rear wheel driven, and with the wheelbase, A-style and width identical to the Mustang, it only is a 'little' extended.

The only question he still had was if they should put a Mustang V8 in it, or one of the Volvo Turbo engines.

i'd buy that. that is awesome. the raised hood matches the S60's perfectly. this is awesome they should do it and i'll buy one if it had the inline turbo 5 cylinder. although a yamaha V8 from the XC90 would be neat... i smell 240R

I hate those taillights...ever since volvo started doing that, I can't stand it. But I really like the front.

And god don't put a mustang engine in it...they should put a modernized redblock in there. Now that would be awesome. And yes, I would buy one.

rear looks a bit like the v50. the boot lid is too small, somthing ive noticed with new volvos.

The front end looks like almost a direct lift from a chrysler 300C and the high sides, short windoes share the design cues. Then the back is simply a V70 grafted on. I'd say that the idea of a mustang based volvo is hot, that one however is not.

I would suggest something more like a 262TT eg 200 series design cues, volvo/ford V6, Twin turbos, two doors. Something really sporting. Which is unfortunately putting it in direct competition with the S60R....

ravennexus said:
i vote not. if there were gonna do one they should penciled in the flathood style not the aweful upright stuff.

I personally like the old non- flathood look more but hey, to each his own

It does look a bit like a Dodge Magnum, but I REALLY like it! Nothing Volvo does these days interests me, but that would...

Back