• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What have I got? now with pics!

Turborg

Today I bought a parts car-84 244t-no intercooler. My question Is about a spoiler that it has. It is made out of material like the trim. It is about 4" high with a piece across the trunk and one piece on each side mounted on the top of the rear fenders. Is this a stock piece or an add on? Hope to have pictures soon.http://www.pbase.com/turborg/my240ts

The spoiler has a hard rubber black piece that runs right where the trunk turns down in the back it is formed to that V and is atttched at each side with a screw coming in from the bottom. The two pieces that complete the spoiler seem to be glued to the rear fender tops. Thought it might look good on my 242. Not to hip on drilling holes in my trunk.......
thanks to you other guys for a good laugh.......sorta

yeah, i've seen some aftermarket trunk lips from Volvo... maybe 2 in my whole life? but the saab 900 and bmw e30 ones work well too... yes they require drilling, but they do help a bit.

Sounds like a factory available 240 spoiler. It was three pieces and made of a flexible plastic/rubber. I've only seen pictures, so they're hard to come by.

I actually saw one of those 3 part spoilers on a 700 last week, it was pretty ugly on that one, I think the 240 spopiler looks much better!!

Of course it can have been that the 740 itself was wery crappy...

this one is fly!
18826788.240863piecerearspoiler1394730.jpg

nick

tryckj?vel said:
this is the one that came optional on the 740's, the 240 is a little different... however i've never seen one with end pieces that go on the 1/4 panels:
http://68.98.167.7:5555/~joens/740_t/102-0300_IMG.JPG

PLEASE NOTE that there are two types of that spoiler;

First one (old): The pne you've got a picture on. You have to make 4 holes in your trunklid to mount it.

The Second one (newer): Are wider, stretches out a little bit out on the rear fenders, and are clamped around the left and right sides of the trunklid. Looks better in my opinion, and you don't have to drill holes in your trunklid!

I've looked on cars for those spoilers last month, and i think i've seen 10 old style but none newer style...

JE Jr,
I'd be willing to part with some $ to get my hands on one of the old style spoilers for a 240... You see my car already has the holes in the trunk from the one that got ripped off before I bought it.
If you come across another one e-mail me and we can discuss the amount of $$$.

nathan.wilson@lnd.amedd.army.mil

Hey, wait a minute... can you say what you mean with "old" spoiler??
I got an PM about it also...

The th?ng is that this spoiler: http://68.98.167.7:5555/~joens/740_t/102-0300_IMG.JPG

are for 700 series, and Ican't imagine it will fit an 240 trunklid...

I've actually never seen anyone like that on a 200 series...

the 3piece design should fit without making holes in the trunklid.

By the way... Has anyone seen an
Volvo original equipment bodykit for 240???

My accessories catalogue from 1990 list such a thing!! But I've never seen it...

Back