• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

12 miles on a flat...

Tuff240

240 Ninja
... a good reason to teach your kids how to change a flat tire.
Customer's daughters 245. We asked her how loud it was driving like that. She replied, "Not that loud, but the sparks sure were bright!" :rofl:

flattire01.jpg

flattire02.jpg

flattire03.jpg

flattire04.jpg

flattire05.jpg

flattire06.jpg

flattire07.jpg

flattire08.jpg

Wow. We get people that come in with no start situations. Guess what. Out of fuel.:rofl:
P.S. we have that same wheel chart at work

****!!!

And it is a front wheel too...
How did she manage to get to the shop?
Why drive 12 miles on a flat tire?

It was at night and she was afraid so she just drove home. Good thing she didn't rob a store or something, I'm sure it left tracks all the way.

They had it towed to our shop from their house.

Forget teaching her how to change a tire...she needs some damn common sense!

Even with no mechanical skills she should know to pull over and call for help...my younger sister is always hitting potholes and popping tires but at least she calls me to change it before something like that happens!

Theres no way she drove that to the shop...looks like she rode on the rim/rotor until it ground down and wouldn't move anymore...it reminds me of the idiots on COPS that run over the spike strips and drive until the wheels fall off.

Funny stuff

Jon

Wow. That's a lot of grindage. She better have been driving through Compton to necessitate that kind of damage.

Now I've driven 20+ miles with about 2psi in one of the rears, and I didn't do anything like that... :omg:

Justification for being an idiot: While realising something was wrong, I didn't realise it was a flat tyre...my rear suspension is kinda screwed, and I hadn't driven the car for a couple of weeks, so just assumed that it was worse than I remembered. It was actually remarkably well behaved...was just a bit squirmy in high speed corners :rofl:

cheers

James

Homer said:
Oh, was the shop an old firestation? I noticed the nice wood ceilings.
The shop was custom built by the landlord for his auto repair business a long time ago. It's a really cool shop, stop by and check it out if you are ever over here visiting. ;-)

yikes.:omg: For some reason girls and wagons are a bad combo. A few months ago I heard a horrible racket making its way up the street, so i looked out the window and one of the girls from the neighborhood was driving on 4 flats! and no she is not hot.

Crazy.

I'm all for "drive on the rims if you have to, just to get to a safe place"(*), but to get it scrubbed down all the way to the a-arms, that's pretty bad.

-- Kane

* - that means NEVER EVER change the tire on the side of a freeway or any other place in which several feet away is traffic going 65mph, 55mph, or even 20mph. If they misjudged the distance, the car is going to win, not your body. Pull off to where there is a lot of room on the shoulders, or even more preferable, the next exit and into a parking lot.

Back