• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

new daily driver for 2007

koenvbr

A month ago my girlfriend was looking for a car for when she finish university. We looked around but she couldn't find something she liked. And she didn't want a Volvo, so I made her a deal, she can drive with my peugeot 306 1.9diesel when she bought my friends '89 740 on LPG (since fuel costs about 1.9dollar a liter over here I must have LPG). She paid $1280 for it, the car has about 300.000km and about 4years ago the timing belt broke. A secondhand engine from a wrecked 740 has been putted in. The car have never been driven since then. My plans: building in an airco and a turbo interieur, maybe some other wheels and some lowering.

The fun part: B234 with 23.000km on it :) :)

ACFGAAtYa4Km.JPG

ACFHAAuYa4Km.JPG

ACFFAAsYa4Km.JPG

ACFIAAvYa4Km.JPG

ACFJAAwYa4Km.JPG

we should be friends.

good choice....good choice.

since gas is a concern, they get much better MPG when you get rid of all that silly stuff attached to the engine.

53754376.CarWhenIgotItTop.jpg

64572932.hKJhF6oB.jpg

740Weapon said:
we should be friends.

good choice....good choice.

since gas is a concern, they get much better MPG when you get rid of all that silly stuff attached to the engine.

now thats a nice car :)

When I start on the car, the balance shafts will surely be removed, the belts on it are brand new but I don't care. Any usefull info and tips regarding this car are welcome.

MoWGLi said:
How did you get it off that truck? The angle looks a little steep.

I took the picture when the container was halfway. The hydraulic arm reach much further so the container can be putted on the ground completly, then some ramps and you can drive it off.

Looks good to me, what a some cleaning can do....

Started lookin' for another daily too, haven't found anything yet, partially because I really don't know what. Just a few conditions for it 1. gotta be volvo 2. rear wheel drive 3. low price

Good luck with it!

Joris

How come US spec GLEs never looked so cool. Is that the original GLE spoiler and grill, or were those added from a turbo car? And I love the "16 Valve" badge on the trunk--I've haven't seen those in the US, have I?

Caliwagon said:
How come US spec GLEs never looked so cool. Is that the original GLE spoiler and grill, or were those added from a turbo car? And I love the "16 Valve" badge on the trunk--I've haven't seen those in the US, have I?

they are in the US

Back