• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I want the UNCUT video from PACNW06!

Uncut would be like 18 hrs long. No man, what you want is the view I had of your slide around "THE" corner, you know the one. From my angle up the hill your car looked perfect skating around that turn. Too bad mine sucked and I got nicked for it...

Uncut would be like 18 hrs long. No man, what you want is the view I had of your slide around "THE" corner, you know the one. From my angle up the hill your car looked perfect skating around that turn. Too bad mine sucked and I got nicked for it...
I definitely want that view!!! Haha. There's also the part where my NA powar is passing uphill though... So yeah, not necessarily uncut, but some more of the driving and less of the music... :)

Pops, I don't remember where the stuff was hosted, but I have it on my computer... I might be able to load it onto our(OVT) gallery for your downloading pleasure, I'll look into it.

You seemed pretty serious, and we figgered you were downplaying it some. Dale's car is NOT fast, but I've driven B230F 240s before and I know they're not fast either.

Pops, I don't remember where the stuff was hosted, but I have it on my computer... I might be able to load it onto our(OVT) gallery for your downloading pleasure, I'll look into it.[/quote]

That would be great, and I thought your car was fast for NA, but probably not as fast as a 122 specially with FI

Lol, I never said my car is fast, but I know I could've gone faster up that hill a little faster. It does seem a bit faster than the average NA 8v volvo though. Head to head the 122 should kick my butt, more power, lighter, and a manual as well. And awesome too. :)

OVT was down yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to try and upload the movie, I'll get right to it. Trying that is. I'm not sure it'll upload .wmv files, I'll find out.

Edit: Yep, it does... Currently it's trying to upload a 108mb file. I'm not sure how well that's going to work, it's already been about 10 minutes...

Were you in the car when we were side by side and I was just inching past them? I don't remember. Maybe I was in third when I could've downshifted into second? I just remember that it wasn't ALL that it had.

No luck on me hosting the video... I may be able to get it to someone who can in the next few days if no one else can get it up before I do.

Were you in the car when we were side by side and I was just inching past them? I don't remember. Maybe I was in third when I could've downshifted into second? I just remember that it wasn't ALL that it had.

ya, I was in the car for that. I could almost see Matt smirk from the passenger seat. Not in 2nd...just going up a steep hill at like 2800-3k and starting at 50ish MPH iirc.
It sure wasn't "ALL that it had"...but it ain't like we were flying past Dale and Matt cruising along in OD like they were standing still either. The 122 does have a shorter axle iirc...no idea...Dale & Matt is the masterminds of that.
poik said:
I saw the ninja edit :;
I think you are seeing things.

Dale's? Or mine? I already had a slip for the 244 at that time... 17.6 at 76 with an almost 2.7 60ft. That cam and AW70 don't mix... :) My 142 did a 17.3 at 76, stripped, with a b20b and a 2.4-2.5 60ft... Dale could probably manage a mid 16 I'd imagine if his engine's in good shape and he could get his 60 down to 2.2ish. Maybe even faster.

i'm not really worried about dales....i could just go watch it. Those seem to be pretty in-line times for an n/a though. Drove a b230f auto and I thought it was the most horrible experience ever.

Well, from what I've seen others post on TB, that's pretty quick for an AT NA... There are poorly running turbos that are slower than that. Someone recently did a 19 second pass with the same cam and a m46? B21 though.

Some higher compression and maybe some more aggressive (programable) ignition timing, maybe advancing the cam a little bit and I'm sure I could drop the 60ft down a decent bit and almost get into the 16s. But that's bench racing, and I'm likely giving in to the +T thing before that. Everyone's rushing me, :-P. (I swear I don't want to turbo my car, riiiiiight) :)

turboing these are so easy, I don't see why more people don't do it. Its so close to bolt on, its like your trying to fit into a tight pair of pants and you just can't quite do up the zipper.

Back