• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New, Better pics of the 242

Hank Scorpio

Chubfest 2009 Survivor
300+ Club
wow very sweet ...
hm doug do u ever see those turbo->IC pipes like u'rs in the junk yard? the hard one... i want to replace my soft one w/ a solid one like that and dont' find to many like that in the junk yard, do ya see many like that up there?

once again i say VERY sweet, that's kind of like what i'd like to do, just w/ LH 2.4

Ya, you'll run across them everyonce in a while, but you wont want to use it, as I'm sure your running a CBV. Actually, when I finally get my CBV on, I'll have to switch to the 7 series elbow. You can probably actually get by though, maybe a combo of both, I think thats what Patrick (tuff240) did to his.

Just gots to keep your eyes open for one!

Thanks for the kind words btw, thing I'm going to go blast through town before I put it away for the weekend (supposed to start rainning again. :(

Doug

y would i have to switch to the 7 series elbow? ... my CBV is built into the turbo so it doesn't really affect much... hm well when ya do 'upgrade' to the 7 series i'd take(buy) that one off u'r hands if ya don't mind.

only prob i've seen is that pipe is a little on the small side for inside diameter no?

OH and i just found a 79' 242 for sale for $400 locally ... i'd SO buy it and do what u did BUT my firebirds motor finally bit the big one... so in the next few weeks i might be buggin ya about those pontiac blocks ya got laying around that i never asked about before(was low on cash) ... but uh i SO want to make a car just like u'rs, love those old 242's... found a 240 GT some place that's been sitting for a few years, i'm thinking of asking if they want to sell it for cheap

DEMAND DAMN BLACK PAINT JOB, WITH carbon fibre door, trunk lid, spoiler, hood, fenders, bumpers.

AND gunmetal Volks TE37 rims.

AND titanium exhaust.

Carbon Fiber, BAhhh. IF I had that kind of money laying around.

I don't have any more pontiac blocks laying around :( but if your really hurting for one I can put you in touch with the guy who bought them. But, really you shouldn't have anytime finding one at a junkyard, look at the 70's big cars, I'm sure you'll find a 400 but probably (hopefully) a 455.

Any poncho power questions you got though, shoot me an email I'll be more than willing to help you out!

Bad news for the night. I think I blew the cat out on the car, I hit a bump pretty damn hard, hit the cat (pretty sure) and now it's rattling like a SOB. Gots to pull it tomorrow and look. :( Ran good though!

Doug

Back